Removing bump strip...

Psych0matt

So I finally got around to removing the other dohc badge and the random pinstripe on the cutlass, and I think I want to remove the bump strip down the side. My main concern is wether or not removing the bump strip is the same as the badges. is there anything different or special I should know? if not then I'll probably tackle it this weekend, and then give it a bath and a wax. Any suggestions or percautions?

It's just held on by double-sided 3M tape. Removing it was the best thing I ever did to my 89.

Just hope your car was never repainted, some half-assed body shops just paint or mask around the moldings.

Just hope your car was never repainted, some half-assed body shops just paint or mask around the moldings.

that's half what I'm worried about :-/ But I figure i can take one of the fender ones off first to see, and if it is for some reason I can put just one small piece back on instead of some large one. I don't think it was though, but I don't know for sure. wish me luck! :-)

woohoo, not been repainted (at least not over the strip). Passenger side came off pretty well (as well as it can for spending over an hour and a half on it), and I plan on getting the drivers side plus the 2% of stuff left that I couldnt see in the dark. I'll have pics when it's done (if anyone cares). :willynilly:

Did you use some heat persuassion? that would make it a hell of a lot easier.. even the car sitting in the sun for a while would do it. Loosens the glue up..

just don't go all Black & Decker heat gun on it like I did to my dealer badging... that was a paint to fix :? :oops:

I have a dark one from last night...

IMG_0060.JPG

but it's raining here so my car is going to have to be ghetto and only have one side of the bump strip for a few days :roll: