I can't help it anymore!

Dannymik

Well, I've had my 1st performance(minor) mod sitting in my apartment for a couple weeks and had to pull her out to fit her into the Grand Prix. Its a prototype Wizair Intake that I got off of a clubgp member for $110 shipped to my door. These intakes are now $219 + about $45 for a 9" K&N cone filter + shipping charges, so I think I got a slammin' deal on her. I'm picking up the new K&N filter tomorrow at Carquest and will hook her up. From the looks of the wizaired setup they have a very good seal from the hot air that lurks in the engine bay. I might top it off with a little silicone to zip her up in areas that aren't perfect. Here's some pics I snapped while I was outside having fun...very easy installation. Honestly its more difficult getting the stock airbox out than putting this one in!

PCM just sitting there after the stock air box was removed...

Picture109.jpg

PCM tray and PCM awaiting the outside shell...I need to apply some foam on the PCM tray as well.

Picture110.jpg

Another angle

Picture111.jpg

everything there's except the filter and tubing, I all ready feel the mod bug beginning.

Picture113.jpg

The engine bay was looking very dirty from all the salt and such, so I cleaned her up some...I will snap a few more pictures tomorrow when its completed...just thought I'd share a half hour of todays down time with you all :willynilly:

whats so great about them? $129 brand new seems like a AWFUL LOT for essentially a piece of PVC tubeing and a cone filter. whats the obssesion of haveing the PCM in there anyhow?

The PCM is normally in the stock airbox on the 2nd generation grand prix's...therefore you mount on the tray. There not $129 new, but $219(Im sure it was a typo). I'll have to see what all the hype is about when I take it for a ride

WTF???? $219 for a cone filter and PVC tubeing! thats absoutely insane.

i'm aware that the PCM is mounted in teh gen2 airboxes stock, but by no means does it need its own enclousure. heck out gen1 PCMs are right on the fender well and they seem to last.

i think you pay for the looks on those filters, they look really nice, and the demand is high, but other then that, i dunno if i would buy one for my car.

but, do they make other intakes like that, but w/o the plexiglass, and all the other "good looking" stuff thats on that kit?

Don't take this the wrong way, I like them, but they just seem so overpriced...

i mean... how can they get off selling it for that much... my friend has a 97' GTP and made himself a true CAI where the cone filter is actually really behind the fender, it cost him like $70 for the cone filter and all the PVC tubeing, works fine...

$219 PLUS the cost of a cone filter is downright retarted.

i mean... how can they get off selling it for that much... my friend has a 97' GTP and made himself a true CAI where the cone filter is actually really behind the fender, it cost him like $70 for the cone filter and all the PVC tubeing, works fine...

$219 PLUS the cost of a cone filter is downright retarted.

I agree to that is so much! Honestly I want to know the differences between that intake, and what a fender intake would give. Who gives a shit if the PCM is kept cool?

Looks nice.. those are nice setups

I'd personally buy a cheaper one though, cause I'm cheap.

I think that kind of setup IS better than a FWI on the GTPs cause you can take the headlight out in a snap, and have a nice ram air CAI for the track..

I live in a shitty climate that wouldn't be good for a FWI.

I don't?

I drive through a foot of snow without even thinking twice, ALL OF THE TIME. Rain, slugh, ice, snow, no problems yet. Hell I delivered food in the car, and as you may know, deliveries don't stop when the weather get bad--They increase.

I don't know which is better, I'd like to though. I'd thinkt hat the FWI is, and for the price, hell yah, but I haven't seen any tests.

well, I had it all done today and took her for a ride and have to grade it a B. I didn't loose any lowend IMHO, but gained some up top in the higher RPM's. We all know that you'll hear you engine more with one of these which is kind of cool...I need to adjust the housing a bit know that I have the cone in it. For the money I paid for it, I know that I could most of that back if I ever did my own and sold her(not anytime soon). Now I need to do a couple exhaust mods and possibly shop for a DHP PCM...then install the 180* T-stat, purchase some aftermarket wheels, install my hood, and lastly tint her. Then there will be next year for the rest!

i love mine.

there are people in my local club that are jealous because i have one.

one guy is even ditching his FWI for a wizair.

looks really nice dan :)

...ok, after driving her for a few days I definately noticed more push with this intake. To the guys on here that have a wizair how loud is your car(due to the intake) when you start her after being shut down for awhile? I can here that thing breathing big time until she idles down. I love this thing!