Oil leak help needed.

loominaz34

Hey all, i've got an oil leak from the driver's side of the engine. It almost seems like it's coming from the drain plug but it's too fast. could this be the infamous 3.4 TDC o-ring? If so, where is it actually?

The o-ring/oil pump drive is located under the rear head on the drivers side of the engine. You may need to remove your intake tubing from the airbox to throttle body to see it, but someone else with a 3.4 can chime in and answer that for sure. When that o-ring goes, it can leak pretty badly.

You gotta look down in there - but it will be around the middle of the "V" formation on the driverside. Gotta get a good flashlight and just look.

I know if you have the DOHC - you gotta take the head off...:/

You don't "have" to take off the heads to fix it if it is the o-ring. Alternatively you can simply pile a bunch of RTV on and around the distributor plug after cleaning the area. It worked just fine for me. The problem is you do have to remove the upper and lower intake manifolds in order to get to it. Its not that big of a deal really, I did it myself the first time in a couple of hours with a basic metric socket set. I'm pretty sure there's a write up on exactly how to do it on http://www.60degreev6. com.