My TGP(short exhaust clip)

mfewtrail

http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0XFT6NYQCKSEA1TXAQZFR7P46S

Using "yousendit" again, so just follow the instructions to download the file there.

The file is about 1.56mb in size, so it shouldn't take long to download(even on dial-up). In the video, I just did a normal/very light throttle take off. I was going to get a few other clips on tape, but a sec or so into one of my "heavy throttle" runs, the turbo to ic pipe decided that it didn't want to stay on the turbo @ full boost(crappy hose clamp to blame, got that fixed now). :? I'll update this thread when I get some more clips recorded.

My exhaust setup consists of a high flow cat, no mufflers, a universal resonator(about 12-14'' long), and 2.5'' piping. After I added the 2.5'' piping throughout, the car seemed to get a tad bit louder(when I got it, it already had the cat/resonator on).

That's 2.5" pipe from the DP back? Where'd they put the resonator?

That's exactly the sound I was shooting for on mine, and you just became my inspiration to get it done. :mrgreen:

That's 2.5" pipe from the DP back? Where'd they put the resonator?

That's exactly the sound I was shooting for on mine, and you just became my inspiration to get it done. :mrgreen:

Thanks. 8)

It's actually 3'' from the downpipe to about 1ft past the cat(the cat is 3'' in/out), but the majority is 2.5''. The resonator is placed just before the y-pipe, looking from the side of the car, it's right in front of the rear tire. Now I need to get rid of my last restriction where I had them snake the pipe down to fit the stock tips. :oops: I plan to replace the stock tips with some dual outlet rolled edge tips like on my SE, but I'll probably put "slash cut" tips on it instead of the straight cut ones the SE has.

That sounds vaguely familiar. :D My set-up is very close to yours.

I'm running 2.5" from the dp back. 2.5" in/out high-flow cat, 2.5" inout dynomax bullet mufflers. Mine sounds a little deeper then yours does though. 8)

That sounds vaguely familiar. :D My set-up is very close to yours.

I'm running 2.5" from the dp back. 2.5" in/out high-flow cat, 2.5" inout dynomax bullet mufflers. Mine sounds a little deeper then yours does though. 8)

Sweet, I figure yours is probably louder than my car also, I've heard bullets on other cars and they were pretty loud. :shock: I actually have a dynomax bullet sitting in my closet, I'll probably use it as a resonator when I change the exhaust on my GTP. Did you happen to listen to my other clip I recently posted of my 1993? It's really deep & about 10x louder than the TGP is. Also, with those dynomax mufflers, I imagine your car gets louder as you accelerate? I let my brother drive my TGP once and romp on it, it seemed quieter at 3/4 to full throttle out the exhaust, but the turbo sure does scream. :D

Do you have a link to the 93? Yeah, my car gets louder as I accelerate. It's almost like a V8 8)

This should still work(it's about 6-7mb in size)

http://s40.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=39NBGSV1Q1EL424SERBR2SHEAI

It's not a very good clip as we were just test out the vid function on his camera and I was just driving around. My brother is supposed to stop by here in just a little while to pick up some car parts, so I might get another clip if he has his cam on him.

nice that sounds awsome......im getting my cat replace with a cutout so i hope it sounds half that good......ill be waiting for those full throttle take off vids !!!

Your 93 sounds like my TGP, just not as loud. Put some bullet mufflers on and then make a video 8)

If you heard it in person, you would be surprised, it's a lot louder then what the mic picks on the camera. My 93 is on the verge of being illegally loud(afterall, it has no cat & one pretty loud muffler on it), I get followed by the cops when I drive it pretty often so I have to ease around town. :oops: Got any way to record a clip of your car? I'd like to hear it anyways.