looking for a few parts

R Dubya

I need to find a radio receiver, the element that is under the dashpad behind the glove box. I only want it if it's in working condition.

I also need an interior hood latch, the piece on the floor that goes right along with the gas filler door handle.

A few other things I don't have time to mention or get into right now..

If anyone with TGP parts *cough* Davis *cough* can 'cough' these up it would be great. name a price and I will either accept.. or.. :shock:

TIA

Nice. I am interested in any receiver that anyone has as long as you can provide me with the pn# before I say yes. Someone wrote me but never got back with me. I bought a new latch at work. $7 brand new out of the OEM box. :mrgreen:

Nice. I am interested in any receiver that anyone has as long as you can provide me with the pn# before I say yes. Someone wrote me but never got back with me. I bought a new latch at work. $7 brand new out of the OEM box. :mrgreen:

And where preytell can we get these deals?? I need the cable myself.

I think that the cable comes only as part of the assembly. I got mine from work (GM dealership). I get a good discount on parts so I simply bought the latch for the hood cable. I can check the cable for you if you'd like. I think it comes as a kit.

Something would be nice. All I have right now is this little bit of cable sticking out from under the drivers side headlight. All I can find in salvage yards are broken ones, or they have been cut.

Not to hijack the thread, but I had an aftermarket cd player installed a couple of years ago in my car. Now, it will recieve some stations nice and clear, and others come in like they are scrambled or something. Could a bad reciever thingy cause that? Just asking because I have another cdplayer in my other GP and it works just fine.

• 1 month later...

TTT

If anyone can find me a hood latch assembly that includes both the hood latch and fuel filler door latch handles I will compensate you for your time removing it. The yards around here don't have any. All I need is the assembly, no cables. It comes out easy, one bolt holds it to the floor pan. Then just disconnect the cables and out she comes.

PM me or just post here if you are willing...

TIA :D

Turby is taking his TGP completely apart :shock: and will be selling most everything less the drivetrain I think. He is posting on the other TGP site but maybe posted here :? ? It is a sorry day for him to have to gut it out :cry: but there will be another Cutty CS with a turbo soon :D

Jeff M

his is a 90 and the filler door latch is non-existent in his car. He had replaced it when he bought the car, I have no idea if this piece was part of the 1990 design or not, but the one he has is only for the hood latch. I need the handle for the hood release that will work on the assembly that includes the filler door.

his is a 90 and the filler door latch is non-exitent in his car. He had replaced it when he bought the car, I have no idea if this piece was part of the 1990 design or not, but the one he has is only for the hood latch. I need the handle for the hood release that will work on the assembly that includes the filler door.

Yea that remote gas lid release was an early 89 feature, slick and would love to do it to my 90, and shave the truck (from the butt-hole/trunk key hole, seen an owner local do it and it made a huge differences :shock: :D So the point is you are hooked up with turby on parts, cool 8)

Jeff M

yeah and to be honest with you, I'm getting a little frustrated looking for this thing. I would have thought this was one of those easy finds.. my other TGP has it so I guess I may be removing that for the time being. I'm afraid I'm going to break that cable then really be up shit creek sans paddle.