ok guys weird problem for you

hannibal64

my car wont start... well 75% of the t ime... when i go to start the car.. the volts gauge in car says i have no power.. but everything in the car works.. radio and all that.. so i push the clutch in and try and start the car and dont even get a click... any ideas? when it does start its real slow to start out and then eventually turns over...

Check your battery terminals and wires? My car has shitty wires and the batt terminals and the connection to the positive on the fuse box thing were corroded so sometimes my car wouldn't start. After I cleaned them it helped alot.

Get a volt gauge and a buddy.. Start the car, and put the voltimeter on the battery with just the engine on.. Then turn on each accy. one by one and see if the volts drop.. It could be a failing alt. or bad battery..

Also, have a quick look at the remote postive battery terminal near the drivers side strut tower. I've seen similar problems out of other W's before because the remote postive terminal has worked its way loose.

Also, have a quick look at the remote postive battery terminal near the drivers side strut tower. I've seen similar problems out of other W's before because the remote postive terminal has worked its way loose.

Yup, I still have an issue with that sometimes on my car.. I need to get new wires. :?