How not to start your weekend.

Baddflash

Besides the fact that work totally sucked today and that a 15min drive home took almost an hour....

I finally get home looking forward to getting something to calm my nerves and...

000_0526.jpg

I locked my bloody keys in the car!! :oops: :oops:

Needless to say I'm really pissed now :evil: :evil:

As I refuse to spend any money on this car, let alone to get in it I came up with:

000_0520.jpg

This was the absolute cheapest and quickest way to get in. I had a couple spares around so I smashed the light out, then pulled the lock retaining clip, pulled the lock then popped the rear seatback out enough to unlock the back door.

Took about 2min to get my keys back and about 5min to put everything back together, with no damage done to anything but the light. This only worked cause the rear seatback was not bolted in as I recently had it out and didn't have the time to bolt it back in, thankfully :D

Just thought I share how easy it is to get in the trunk of a Lumina, and how shitty my day has been. Later

This is why I carry an extra door key in my wallet. I locked myself out of my car 5 times in the same day luckily I was home all these times. I got sick of running upstairs for the second set so I had a third set made lol.

Bad set of circumstances left me without access to a key.*FIXED THAT* Seeing as I didn't have the $50 for a tow truck, locksmith etc.. I didn't have much choice. I also didn't have access to my tools so all I had was a rock and a screwdriver.

I replaced it with another chev one and still have the bowtie one sitting here, So I guess I could do that once more :lol:

Here's an after pic

000_0527.jpg

Minus the crap all over the bumper you'd never know.

Nice job. If I was too finicky to break that part, I would have put some thcik tape around a prybar end, pryed the top of the doorframe back about 1/4 inch, took an unraveled coat hanger or something long and thin enough to reach, slipped it past the top of the door, and pushed the power lock button, or the manual locks if you don't have them. Did it twice on the GP and on my dad's Silverado. :D :D :D

I think that's the '90 3spd he's got listed at the bottom of his sig.

Correct this is my winter beater. This car has been stolen/broken into like 3 times so I don't care too much about anymore and won't spend any money on it period. It was FREE to do it this way any other way would cost me money, plus this was the fastest way to get it open and get it back together. I had no access to any supplies or tools, all I had was a small screwdriver. So there wasn't much else I could do, I'm diabetic and my bloodsugar was just under 4 I needed those keys quick.

I have spare keys but could not get at them cause I could not get in the house or garage, which usually atleast one is open and there are spares in both. Like I said yesterday the universe was against me, everything went totally the wrong way for me...everything.

Glad thats over :D

Why would people steal a Lumina

Why would people steal a 9 year old CD Player from a beat up Grand Prix...

Doesn't make sense, but it happened last night

What your deck got stolen last night?? Any other damage to the dash or other areas of the car??

And yeah, my friends ask why don't I lock my car - I say there's nothing to steal - but the car, and who would want that lol...

- Jeff L.

Nope, just ripped the cd player out, it was barely held in so it didn't break any other part of the dash

Looked like they thought the hood release went to the the trunk to, cause my hood was popped when i got there'

That cd player wasn't worth $20...I hope they're happy