Tru2Chevy

I have the option to get a '91 Z34 with 90k miles on it, and 70k miles on a junkyard engine (seems to run perfect). It has a small nick in the front bumper and a few small dings, but otherwise the body is flawless. The p/s return line is leaking pretty bad, but I hear that's common. It also shudders between 1500-2500 when the converter locks up (converter clutch, most likely).

The car will come with 10 factory wheels, and 3 sets of tires (Blizzacks, brand new unmounted Fusion ZRi's, and something else), aftermarket speakers, but no headunit. The car is a one owner (adult) since new, and wasn't beaten.

Based on that alone, does $1500ish sounds like a good price?

- Justin

you are probably right, once he fixes everything, but there are a few very nice really low mileage Zs on ebay reall cheap so I certainly wouldn't pay $1500 for one with those needs. I also have a hard time believing that the car "wasn't beaten" if the engine had to be replaced with less then 100K on the odometer....

you are probably right, once he fixes everything, but there are a few very nice really low mileage Zs on ebay reall cheap so I certainly wouldn't pay $1500 for one with those needs. I also have a hard time believing that the car "wasn't beaten" if the engine had to be replaced with less then 100K on the odometer....
:withstupid: x2 it had to have been beaten on to need the motor replaced at 90k unless the timing belt snaped then the thing wasn't taken care of you need to look at the timing belt first.

Timing belt snapped on the original motor, killed it. The 2nd motor was pulled from a yard with just under 70k miles, and the owner has only added a few thousand since then.

I know there are lots of other Z34s around, but this one is really clean, and selling the extra wheels and tires should help make up the difference in price.

I'll prolly get to see the car in person next weekend...

- Justin

The 2nd motor was pulled from a yard with just under 70k miles, and the owner has only added a few thousand since then.

same year LQ1?

i'd think $1500 is reasonable...

Timing belt snapped on the original motor, killed it.

......a '91 LQ1 should have been an non-interefence design......

Meaning that if the belt snaps, the valves and pistons won't be damaged? (Excuse my lack of DOHC knowledge).

I know the guy personally, and I know that he takes good care of his cars. I'll get more details about why the old motor was removed when I go to look at the car.

- Justin