hud problems!

Smoke1991

anyway, i wired it up today, everything is wired correctly but the hud itself shows no output, the dimmerswitch is working, but i cant figure this out.

anyone have any suggestions on what i should go over and double check?

im clueless.

the only other thing is the pink/black wire comming from the dimmer switch. any suggestions on where i should get its power source. i was told for:

B - PNK/BLK - CLUSTER FUSE (HOT IN RUN)

ok there is a pink.black wire going to the cluster, so i taped into that, and it works, i noticed though when i put my head lights on, it dips down to a few volts. i thought maybe this was causing it not to work. took a wire straight from my battery and put a 5 amp fuse on it, then wired it up to the pink/black wire on the dimmer switch, still no go.

I think this shit is busted.... which concludes my junkyard run was a complete waste of time. and maybe its time to get a new car (yes im that pissed off)

Guest Anonymous

Either that, or your hud is busted, or the dimmer switch is broken. My HUD unit is fine, but sometimes the dimmer switch is funky and it wont display.

Dont get a new car.. I think that it dropping a few volts could be the VF dimmer.. Like a stock radio.. When you hit the lights, the clock display dims so youre not BLINDED at night..

HUD DIMMER SWITCH:

A - BLACK - GROUND

B - PNK/BLK - CLUSTER FUSE (HOT IN RUN)

C - WHITE - GOES TO HUD WIRE "D"

D - BLK - GROUND

E - BROWN/WHITE - GOES TO HUD WIRE "A"

F - GRAY - HEADLIGHT SWITCH FOR DIMMING

HUD:

A - BROWN/WHITE - GOES TO DIMMER SWITCH

B - BLK - GROUND (same ground as wire D on the dimmer switch.)

C - BROWN - C1/B ON HEADLAMP SWITCH

D - WHITE - GOES TO HUD DIMMERSWITCH

E - NOT USED

F - LIGHT BLUE - LEFT TURN (connect to wire D4 on CLUSTER

G - BROWN - CHECK GAUGES INDICATOR (C9 on CLUSTER)

H - LIGHT BLUE - E/M SWITCH (OR NOT USED)

J - DARK GREEN - VSS (WIRE C5 on CLUSTER)

K - DARK BLUE - RIGHT TURN (WIRE D6 on CLUSTER)

L - LIGHT GREEN - HIGH BEAM (WIRE D5 on CLUSTER)

thats the wire diagram ive been using

how the hell is the hud getting power??????? the dimmerswitch has power and it seems in good condition.

also i taped into the pink/blk wire going to my cluster for power, its 12v without my headlight buttion pushed in but when the headlight buttion is pushed in it drops down to like 4V, so in other words i dont think thats a good place to tap into power. i gota get power off of the cluster fuse but im not shure where i should tap in for it.

any suggestions now?

ok, the pink/blk power wire that runs to the fuse center inside the car, what fuse slot do you have it connected to? i'll have to see what fuse i got mine hooked up to. also, the ground wire that runs from the dimmer and hud unit, thats is a key in making it work. if i remember right, you connect/splice the dimmer and hud's ground wire together, then connect another piece of wire to that plice/connection(a Y/3-way connection), run it to any bolt/screw. i got mine wrapped around one of the screws that hold the gauges to the dash.

well its been a few days, ive almost had everything done, then i forgot to put 1 dashboard bolt in, right behind the hud. well as it seems i broke the adjustment mechanism for the hud and im crazyglueing a fix right now, pice up soon!!!