manual swap question?

futuretgper

im not going to be doing a 5-speed swap any time soon but i was wondering down the road if i get a jeff m chip then convert to a 5-speed...is it possible to have a custom ecm for the 5-speed but then copy the fuel tables and performance tuning stuff from the jeffm chip to the 5-speed chip???

just interested..thanks in advance guys

Guest TurboSedan

the EPROM can be modified so your engine will work with the 5-speed. you need the right software (like GMPCM) a PC, and hardware like Pocket Programmer 2. or you could find someone to edit the chip for you like i did :)

Your best bet is to wait until you have your swap done and then ask God910, skalor, or (in 2 months) myself to make you a 5-speed chip. I will be getting back into the 5-speed TGP/TSTE game in the next couple of months. Only problem is my chips will be for a completely different 3.1L "V" setup. I am quite sure the chip I will need to construct will not work on a stock or even moderately modified TGP/TSTE motor... 8)

Well the one in Luke's car is definitely a performance chip (my creation). He put in a copy of god910's (I think) and it had slightly lower numbers than with my old chip.

Only problem with Luke's/my chip was it was reading SUPER LEAN on the dyno's A/F meter. He was actually running low boost levels and it would have had another 5 lbs of boost to play with if we were not chicken to max it out with such a lean mixer. I am a "it will go or blow" type of person...but it is much easier to get a tow home from Ft Collins to my house than all the way to East Kansas! :wink:

is that why his car made alot of power on the dyno?? because it was running really lean but not so lean that it was dying (closer to perfect air fuel ratios even if detrimental to engines integrity)?? so if he tunes it for more drivability/engine safety he might see slightly lower numbers on the dyno??

i have a feeling im wrong...