What W's carry the 5300 V8?

GothImportKiller

Anyone have any information on this?

Another thing that I'm curious about is the AWD V8 Lumina GM was experimenting with back in 88(?)... Where can I get info on that?

the 5300 V8 is coming out in the Grand Prix GXP sometime in the near future before production halts.

and the Hot Rod magazine AWD V8 lumina i havent found any info on. Theres a link on the w-body site with a scanned article from Hot Rod.

I havent found anything else yet.

05 Grand Prix GXP and 06 Impala and Monte SS are the only ones I know of.

I sure would like to get ahold of one, but I have a funny feeling they'll be in pretty high demand among enthusiast circles. I bet I'll have to fight gen 2 W-body and Fiero guys to get one.

Anyone have any information on this?

Another thing that I'm curious about is the AWD V8 Lumina GM was experimenting with back in 88(?)... Where can I get info on that?

Your sig = teh lose. :flip:

Sweetness... Is it anything like the northstar? I haven't really looked into it too much.

That was in Hot Rod magazine, really?? What year/month...? I definately don't have that issue :'( I saw the scanned article (but didnt notice where it came from) that's why I'm asking...

Sweetness... Is it anything like the northstar? I haven't really looked into it too much.

That was in Hot Rod magazine, really?? What year/month...? I definately don't have that issue :'( I saw the scanned article (but didnt notice where it came from) that's why I'm asking...

Its nothing like the Northstar. Its the 5300 Vortec, basically the same as they use in the trucks. It is in the same series as the LS1/LS6/LS2 so you can use heads/cams/etc... for f-bodies and Vettes to make them faster, from what I understand.

Shawn

Your sig = teh lose. :flip:

No shit. Leave.

Looks like a perma-ban for him.

kind of funny how comptech_69 and this "new" guy have the same IP trails.....