1997 Grand Prix problem

STONEY

:( My wifes 97 g/prix (3800 non-supercharged) had a problem this morning and it is not the first time. She started the car and was backing out when the tire press. light and traction light came on,and the steering got stiff.This has happened before while driving and it was the traction,abs, and tire press. light. No codes were present. Any Ideas?

Hm...

Module failure is the first one - but you said that also the steering got stiff - the engine was off...

Dunno - I don't think that year uses the Class B bus like the J-bodys do...

I'd watch the ign key. Kinda sounds like it shut off/restarted it's self all in one fail swoop (I believe that that year also had the start-lockout after you started it [so you don't destroy the starter])

Maybe it freaked out, saw that you where holding it in the start position (poss. bad cylinder) and reset it's self?

Dunno...sorry man :?

sounds to me like the car is losing its power...like shutting off...i'd say thats why the idiot lights are coming on and the steering is getting stiff...i'm not quite sure what would be causing this though...unless it the wonderful GM battery cable's :?

Thank you for the info, but the car is not shutting down. It is still running and still in gear when all of the lights come on. I am leaning more toward the body control module.