Coupe Door handles

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know how to remove the door handles on a GP coupe? I was looking, but they dont seem to show up anywhere.

Additionally, is there any way to put one of the illuminated green keyrings on the passenger side?

Thanks

It's pretty much self explainitory.. open the door, there's a plastic shroud that is held on by 2 or 3 of those cheap ass rounded-top nuts. Be gentle with them. 8mm I believe, they come right off. I forget details from there but you can tell by looking. Getting the slider rods back on can be a PITA.

Remove the plastic cover behind the door handle assembly by removing one black 14mm nut from just above the door handle, and 1 screw (usually phillips) from the bottom of the plastic cover.

Remove linkages from lock cylinder and door handle assembly. Use a small flathead screwdriver to slide retaining clips forward, and linkages will come free.

Remove one black 14mm nut from the very top of the door handle assembly.

Remove one phillips screw drom the bottom of the door handle assembly.

Door handle assembly should now come free by pulling out slightly at the top, and pulling upwards.

Transfer lock cylinder and key minder light (if applicable) to new door handle assembly. Lock cylinder is retained by a single TORX bolt.

Reinstall in reverse.

Send them to me and then I'll tell you. :wink:

:joke:

They'll fit. All they do is sandwich between the lock cylinder and the door handle. They come with a spacer (looks like a plastic washer) that's used on the lock cylinder torx bolt to make room.