Touch up paint

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Does anyone know where good GM touchup paint can be found? I went to the dealership to order touchup for the RPE, but they said it was discountinued (1992 Mettalic Medium Blue Primary)... can a body shop make it up? Im wondering how close it would be to the original (my paint isnt faded at all, except the bumper.) I also dont want to spend an assload of cash on it...

I'm not sure how much you're looking to spend.. I'm currently doing some touch ups with Duplicolor spray cans and Duplicolor brush/pen. If you get some mixed, have them test it on the inside of the trunk.

if you want to spend this money, there might me some autobody shops by you that might have this, its a device that actually takes a sample of your paint, without leaving a scratch or dent, nothing and it will give you the exact color code of the paint, which n return you can have mixed

I went with duplicolor for all the touch ups on my car

Dupli-Color is decent. I've had okay experience with it however I find it is quite thick even after shaking the bottle a lot.

Considering your car is a metallic and you'd want all that to match up I'd go to a auto body shop and let them mix some for you.

Or you could just smash the car, take it to the body shop and they give you a free bottle after the job is done - but no one wants that.

I don't see why GM wouldn't have this - couldn't they just mix a small bottle up for you in the collison center??

Oh well, this is GM we are talking about I guess - other dealers have mixed paint for me in their body shop no question asked.

- Jeff L.

Guest Anonymous

Im also going to need basic red and white paint in pen form, prferrably thin, becuase the signature on the trunk is faded into oblivion and needs to be restored :?

How thick are the duplic-color pens?

How thick are the duplic-color pens?

My car had a key mark the pen can do VERY fine detail work. It really works like- a pen! If you need bigger (for stone chips as an example) the brush is the way to go.

If you have shakey hands I'd recommend you buying a small small artists brush to do the very small chips...I find it much easier to work with then the bigger brush in the duplicolor can

- Jeff L.

For rock chips, I suggest stealing a book of matches (local 7-11) tearing a match out and use the ripped side for a dabbing brush. works great! For anyone under the age of 16 parental guidence is recommended. :lol:

Guest Anonymous

Well, I dont have any rock chips-

there are a few small paint flakes on the bottom edge of the b4u, about the size of a quarter or smaller- that are really an eye sore considering the rest of the car. Those, I want to eliminate.

The signature on the trunk is in pretty fine detail, so the paint pen would have to be an equvalent to say a ballpoint pen. Where do you get these? Ive only seen the bigass spray cans at walmart.