In your honest opinion...

GrandPrix34

Not sure on wat i should do...kinda like a fork in the road. I was talking to my dad and he brought up on wat i wanted to do to my car...save a little more $$, sell my DOHC performer, and get me a GTP. or just go head on wit my 3.4 and see were it takes me. Ima firm and strong believer in Naturally aspired machines and i support Vegeta 10000% on his project but now that the option is infront of me, i dont know....By the way, vegeta, found the heads you wanted but the guy kept rambling on and never never gave me a price. Went back about a week later and some other guy said they junked them for good or something like that, so sorry i couldnt be of service

run the quad cam. the gtps have been played over and over (at least around me) and everybody knows there is something to them. the dohcs wouldn't take that much work to be fast and its a motor that intregs people, they have no idea why there sho is beaten by a "slow" car, and are usally interested in the motor.

yeah, thats kinda wat im leaning towards. howd you port and polish both your intakes, ive been meaning to start modding the lq1 but now i have wat i was missing...money!

Oh well, I have enough heads here for now anyway. The only reason I would even say get the GTP is if you want a newer car. Not about the engines, but any newer features or preference in the car itself. I have never driven a newer grand prix so I have no idea.

I think you know where I stand engine wise:)

A newer GTP is going to be faster, parts easier to find for them, and you can still order most things like interior/trim parts, etc.

Most dealer-only parts for our first-gen W-body are already discontinued, and the prices get higher with every passing week.

Not to mention if you think you'll EVER get to the point where you pay mechanics to fix your car, the GTP will cost a LOT less to fix than your 3.4 DOHC. The 3.4 DOHC is only economical if you supply your own labor.

If dad's paying for the car, I'd say "go for it" unless you've got an emotional attachment to yours. I'm figuring you don't, or you wouldn't have asked in the first place. :)

well dads not paying and i do have an emotional attachment to my Prix. I agree wit all of the GTP's up points such as the parts easier to find, interior/exterior parts readily available and basically a better aftermarket than the 3.4. But again motor wise, i strongly believe in N/A over F/I. Hmm...maybe ill do something crazily stupid such as get me a 2000 GTP body and drop in the LQ1....damn thats really crazy!

Honestly, I can't think of any drawbacks to forced induction except the need to use Premium fuel.

However, the L67 gets a lot better fuel economy than the LQ1 so it probably all evens out in the end.

I've never driven a stock L67, only a modded one, but its low-end torque was just crazy fun, like a V8. It felt more torquey than my truck's V8. Forced induction is a very good thing. Even my TGP... oh man, the 3.4 DOHC better watch out because the Turbo 3.1 can tear it a new one off the line.

Forced induction is our friend.

Heres a complete outside nonbias opinion for you. I have all 90* V6. I beleive in variety. To me its great to see all the different powered and trimed cars. Right now many are going for the L67 transplant, cant blame them, cant get that kind of power out of a NA 3.8, at least it hasnt been done yet. So many cars are getting powered by the L67 now its kinda ruinin the fun , mind you I said kinda. Anyhow my 86 LeSabre has the little 3.0 and thats part of what I like about it and trust me its rare. Personally I want to get a couple of rebuildable 3.0's and see what the little short stroker can do and I have a low mile entire 3.8 drivetrain and frame I could slide under it in one days labor. But its cool its got the 3.0. See where I'm going.

I dont know the condition of your car or any reliabilitys problems you are having . If you can keep the rust out of it and the interior in it and have fun building the engine and owning (correct me if I'm wrong) one of the first US production DOHC V6's, KEEP IT !!!! 8)

:cheers:

i feel you bro!

my cars condition is still good besides basic wear and tear items i could fix in a heartbeat (its just that its so easy to fix that i havent!) The only probs ive had have been the alternator and the heater hose literally bursting and spilling the coolant on the headers creating this im-stupid-cuz-i-drove-my-car-without-coolant look. THere is nothing wrong wit forced induction...its just that i believe in pure muscle power. Kinda like going to the gym, you know, you lift wat you can and get better at it while you have these other "buff" peeps lifting twice their weight thanks to the use of "supplements" and "steriods" (human versions of turbo/super, and NOS).

Now dont get me wrong, thats IMHO. I just feel that this really is a fork in the road for me on were to go...pursue greener pastures or enjoy wat i have here at home