Flyer

godofthunder

Hey yall. Ive been thinking about this for a while, and wanted to see what yall think...

Why dont we make a flyer, and start placing them on W-bodies we see, or handing them out to other w-body drivers we talk to. I will try to type up an idea, but any ideas for graphics?

I tried drawing a outline of my CS for the decal, but it didnt really work. I would think if we ever get that decal done, or a logo, what about that and some text about this website.

I personally would like to see more people on this list from my area, Richmond VA. This wouild let me get to meet some more enthusisast arrround here. And i have seen some nice/well kept w bodies.

Just an idea

Jon

how bout make some out for shows/track/cruises to hand the owner? ive got some for chevytalk that are excellent and people like it when i talk to them about a site with a bunch of other people interested in the same cars they are.

Yeah, the DML (dakota mailing list) has this one that just says "Hey, saw you had a Dakota/Durango, come check out this site".

I dunno, it just gets more people near you more intersted and help finding this site, which in turn can help make meets locally to a few more people.

Jon

in theory, i would love to go around and put that on someones driver side window if i saw a car i liked. but then when i think about it, if i carried a bunch of those with me, and then actually saw another w-body i thought should join, i would feel like too much of a fruitbag/lamer to go make the effort to stop, fumble around for the cards, get out and look like a flyer person and stick it on there car and feel weird

PS that card is nice tho

How about 4 versions of a w-body.com sticker or license plate frame, in CHEVROLET PONTIAC BUICK OLDSMOBILE logo fonts to make it clear the site pertains to the car? People are bombarded with advertising flyers as it is, and may not be receptive to any more.

in theory, i would love to go around and put that on someones driver side window if i saw a car i liked. but then when i think about it, if i carried a bunch of those with me, and then actually saw another w-body i thought should join, i would feel like too much of a fruitbag/lamer to go make the effort to stop, fumble around for the cards, get out and look like a flyer person and stick it on there car and feel weird

When Aaron Lephart paid me a visit, we went around putting ClubGP cards on peoples' GP's. It was business-card sized.

It did feel goofy, but luckily I stayed in the car while Aaron did the work. :)

• 7 months later...
How about 4 versions of a w-body.com sticker or license plate frame, in CHEVROLET PONTIAC BUICK OLDSMOBILE logo fonts to make it clear the site pertains to the car? People are bombarded with advertising flyers as it is, and may not be receptive to any more.

is this what you mean?

http://www.w-body.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6049&highlight=stickers

if so it has been talked about a couple times

if i happen to run into someone that has a dub body, i ask them, usually they say no and say they will check it out... i dont know how many have joined, but i have told maybe 20 or ppl about it and they all seemed interested... mostly ppl with gen 2 GPs

- Justin