Rear Quarter Window motors Convertible

95DropTop

Ok, for you Coupe owners, this may not be important, but for anyone who has owned the drop top, you know that sooner or later, your rear quarter power windows are going to die. Well, I have done some searching online and came up with the part number for the motors. They are 22155408 and 09 for left and right. Now, one site showed them for the convertible, but another site (can't remember) showed them for fronts on earlier years...I think 86-91 while another site showed them for both Left rear....my question for you is:

Anyone have a book that shows what GM part numbers interchange and if so, can you tell me what other years the motors will fit so I can try to find some. They have three rivets holding them to the regulator frame, but as long as the motor will fit, I can get it to work. Any help is appreciated.

Thomas

Can't help with part interchangability but contact LKQ Auto Parts. They have places all over. When my went out on my 91 Vert they hooked me with 2 used ones for an awesome price. They are very expensive new. I put them in 2 years ago and they still are working strong, I had very good luck with them.

Jason

http://www.lkqcorp.com/home/home.asp

I just fixed mine, one on my '94, and both on my '95. I did drill out all the rivets, pulled the assembly from the car, then I took the motors apart while still attached to the regulator assembly and found that they were really in great condition, just stuck. It looks like the entire assembly just sticks from little use. I was expecting to see something rusted up, but everything looked new, so I oiled the bearings and put it back together - they worked like new. Both sides were the same too, both just stuck. I felt like they were completely fixed , so I've put them back in with new rivets. We'll see how long they last now. I do plan on running them up and down more often than before they stuck.

Anyone know how hard it is to replace one of these motors? I've had one dead on my car since I bought it and I'd love to replace it or fix it (whichever). I'm curious as to what the easiet way to get to the motor is though? Do you have to pull the seat then the trim piece, or do I have to remove the lightbar assembly or what?

Lightbar, seat(s), then each trim panel. With rear buckets, the trim panel behind the seats has to come out too.

No way to get the window motors out but to drill out all the rivets. There is a small black plastic grill in the door jam that lets you access the motor regulator arm to glass channel. I didn't end up replacing my motors but I assume you grind off the three rivets that hold the motor to the regulator. Also, it looks like the motor for the convertible has a unique electrical connector. I don't know if any other window motor has it. I had a front window motor I was going to use and it had a different connector on it. That is one of the reasons I elected to just fix the motors rather than replacing.