URGENT: Powering up seats

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

anyone know which wire it is? I have the entire interior out except the damn drivers seat... its covering all 4 of those big bolts... damnit...

Guest Anonymous

I think the battery is dead... I tried that and nothing happened. I know it worked before, becuase I moved the seat alll the way up to get the back bolts, but when they moved the car, they must have moved the seat back over them... and now Im in a jam.

How many of those bigass star shaped bolts are there?

I played around with my AQ9s in the basement before with a battery, I'm not sure how long till it kills it.. anyways just use a good battery and give them a boost.. lol

^^^

I know it worked before, becuase I moved the seat alll the way up to get the back bolts, but when they moved the car, they must have moved the seat back over them... and now Im in a jam.

- Jeff L.

Guest Anonymous

Im going to try to ttrace that big ass wire that powers the damn thing up back as ffar as I can, and park the sedan next to it, and wrap the wire around the battery terminal... Then ill start the sedan and hope it powers up.

I tried using a makeshift wire before, but it was one of those thin ones that I pulled out from the back, but I guess it couldnt carry enough juice. Its so frustrarting seeing the drivers seat literally the only thing left in the car!

If you hook the wire to the battery terminal you won't need to really start it, since the battery tends to have constant battery power. Hook up a set of jumper cables to your battery and then hook the orange to the power side and the black to whatever. Really you could just leave the black connected and not worry about it.

Guest Anonymous

I had a bunch of smaller wires twisted together to link the bbattery and seat, my guess is that it wasnt getting enough juice to move the damn thing... so i will return tomorrow to do battle with the power seat.

Jam a couple of wires into the connector, or cut the wires and strip them, whatever you have to do to tap into them. Take a booster pack or battery and power them up. You can always resolder the wires back up when you're done. I just put cloth AQ9's in the front of my car today, and it only took an afternoon. And that was with running the wiring harness/airline etc. Get a 7mm socket to remove the plastic covers on top of the seatbolts. Then get a 6 point 8 mm socket to remove the seat bolts, 4 on each seat. Its soooo easy.

We discussed this. Pull the switch out. Take the rubber backing off. Jump the connector for the power (orange) and (ground) to a jumper pack or battery. Operate the seat as usual.

Guest Anonymous

yeah.. i got it out. I hooked the thick power wire up to jumper cables which ran to the sedan, and got it going. I had the seat out in like 5 minutes. I continued to gut the car of everything usable.