Dash probs...

19Cutlass94

ok so heres the prob.. everytime I hit a bumb in the road the passengers side of the dashboard jus bounces up and down like nothing is holding it in place at all.

Ive had it apart several times and everything seems to be intact, no broken pieces or anything that I can find.

any suggestions on what I should do or try?

Nail gun will work wonders.

On a serious note, how much does it bounce up and down? Several inches? Inch? Half inch? If it has metal clips on the bottom of the dash pad(not sure whats underneath the cutlass dash), make sure they aren't compressed all the way. Also, when re-installing the dash, make sure that its nice and snug on there.

I think the most that the dash has moved on the passengers side in the neighborhood of 3 inches which is more than I care to have but the weird thing is is that the drivers side doesnt move at all.

I didnt see anything broken but then again maybe I didnt look at it as careful as I probably should have last time it was some what apart...

but Ive actually found broken plastic pieces to something before I took it apart, I still have em but have no clue what they could be from

today I took it apart again and tightened some loose screws and basically everything that was loose.

Is there a place where I can buy those little metal clips? can I just go to an Olds dealer? cuz some of em were broke that I need to replace

Just go to your auto parts store. In one of the aisles will be labeled the brand HELP. There might be some metal clips there. If not, hit up the JY and snatch a few.

if the glove box side is jumping up. you need to see if the screw hole mounts on that side are broken. there are 2 screws on the glove box side which i am thinking is your problem :wink:

yeah its the glove box (passengers side), but the very bottom plastic piece, if you take that off on the very far to the side theres the bolt there that holds it, well I had to replace that and I know that will make a difference but exactly which two screws are you talking about?