Gas tank filler neck blocker or something?

rshissler

well my regal is sittin in the yard broke and its got a full tank of gas. i went to get the gas out the other day with a hose and it would go down into the tank. I'm guessin there is a mesh there to stop ppl from doin this type of thing. anyway to get the gas out without dropin the tank full of gas??

There's actually a ping-pong ball type device that allows gas to pass by, but nothing else. Good luck with that, just drill a hole in the top of the tank and get a hand pump or something.

disconect the fuel line and jumper +12v to the fuel pump relay and let the fuel pump pump it out fer ya!

you can also jumper 12 volts and a ground to the connector at the gas tank but if you go to the fuel pump relay you dont have to jack up the car.

have fun!

disconect the fuel line and jumper +12v to the fuel pump relay and let the fuel pump pump it out fer ya!

you can also jumper 12 volts and a ground to the connector at the gas tank but if you go to the fuel pump relay you dont have to jack up the car.

have fun!

That's what I was gonna suggest :wink:

Disconnect it at the fuel filter, that way you can put a new one on while you're at it. Under the hood there is a single wire connector around the battery/airbox location that doesn't connect to anything, just put power to that and your pump should start pumping out fuel. Make sure you got something to catch it with! The pumps are rated at 100L/hr or something like that.