Decent price for my car?

runt

Cutlass coupes are a nice looking car...you should get some attention from the younger crowd!

Actually...the guy who is going to drive it is older. he actually wants it for his wife. And I just have one of those feelings that it's gonna turn into a ghetto blaster once I get rid of it. :lol: :lol:

But I have gotten a lot of questions about it. I'm excited and I don't know why, this just means if I sell it this week I'll be with out a car...damn...

get your arse out car shopping!

Takes time...lol.

I got my dealer friend looking at auction for me. I can always drive the bike or my parents car's. I guess thats one advantage of living at home yet...

Sometimes. I HATE it when people even go near my bike. It's a '96 with only one imperfection. Somewhere (I think in winter storage) along the line, I got a chip of paint taken off of the tank. Other than that, it's in about 90% perfect shape. I'm very picky about my shit!

last time i was in st. marrys i saw a cutlass with dual fart cans and a big aluminum wing funny shit. mabie he wants another car :wink:

last time i was in st. marrys i saw a cutlass with dual fart cans and a big aluminum wing funny shit. mabie he wants another car :wink:

I've seen that car before....stupid posers.

Anyway...the car is sold. :cry: I will still have it till next week.

I took it to the guys house tonight. Him and his wife got in, asked me if I wanted to ride along with them. I said alright....even though I figured they might want to wind it out or whatever...so I got in.

Took it for NO MORE than 2 miles down the road....got back to the house, popped the hood, trunk, showed them some "problem" areas (at least in my perfectionistic eyes)...they said alright. I had told this guy before I'd go for $2600, (now this might seem cheap to some of you, I'm just trying to be realistic and not trade it to my car dealer friend) but after talking and whatever, he said he'd go for the full $2800. I said I have no problem going to even $2500 with the stuff wrong, but he said nope. He said "your a college student, you need the cash." I didn't bring up price again after that point. :lol:

The wife in this story then got her brother who works on cars to come over and look at it. He thought it was going to be a pile. WRONG. He said it looked in great shape and it's worth it. I agreed, cause it just passed inspection. So I'll enjoy the car for another weekend and probably monday or wednesday I'll go to AAA and sign the title over.

I'm just excited because I figured I was only gonna get $2k out of it. And I'm getting payment in cash. No fucking around with checks. They were pleased and so was I. I think it's better it goes to this guy and not friends or family because I'm the type of person that if something went wrong, I would feel responsible even though I didn't own the car. Thats just me.

So now it's on to the next step in the W body world. 2nd Generation GP. Hopefully I'll find something soon, cause until I get a new car, I'll be forced to drive either an '03 Bonneville or an '02 Mountaineer. (damn)

I am going to post in the For Sale/WTB section in the next hour. I need two parts. If you have them or know where you could get them (farily cheap) please let me know!

--Jeremy

I had someone come check out my Cutty tonight too, but I wasn't lucky enough to secure the sale yet....they guy (~21 or so if I had to guess his age) said that he wants to come back either tomorrow or friday when it is lighter out to check it out and take her for a spin....

congrats on selling yours...

Congrats! I hope if I ever sell my GP, I get that much.

Should NOT be a problem as long as it's well maintained.

I guess that was a decent selling point for that car. Ah well, at least I'll still have some time to drive her around.

And Jeremy...good luck on selling yours!! Hopefully you'll be able to get rid of the Cutlass and something a little more baby friendly. Hell, from the pics I've seen your car should be worth the money!