Decent price for my car?

runt

I am soon going to be putting a For Sale sign in the Cutlass. But I wanted some professional W-Body opinion about what I am thinking about asking for it. So here it goes:

3100 V6

New tires at ~90k

New Gas tank at 113K

Tire-rod and ball joint on right side at 100k

New brake lines, fuel filter (small stuff like that)

Plugs and wires at 75k

Cloth interior in good shape, Tape deck (ripping the HU out)

Flip-up sun roof, 5-spokes and added rear spoiler.

I am going to be putting a $2500 O.B.O price tag in the window.

Does that seem fair? Too high? Too low? I honestly HOPE that I can get 2k out of it. All I can say about the car is that it has for sure served it's purpose to me.

--Jeremy

aim for $2500 net. I'd say $2900/neg

EDIT: The fact that it's a coupe makes the actual sale value go up a bit. Sedans around here are a dime a dozen. My mom's '95 CS in essentially mint condition (and factory CD) sold at $1850. Sedans listed in the paper range from $800-1900. The coupes in the paper are going for $2200 or more on average. People who want CS coupes LOOK for coupes. Any ol' fuck will buy a CS sedan (especially based on the people that looked at my sister's car..."Oldsmobile what?")

look at jeremy's "$500" car, and go from there.

Shit, that means I'm not gonna get crap for mine. :lol:

Yeah, I think starting with $2800 in the window and see what happens from there. I'm just afraid of scaring people off.

Now I just gotta find my next car.... :?

Jeremy paid $500 due to something being wrong that he fixed for dirt cheap...you should be able to get $2500-$2000 for her, she's very clean BTW!

forgot to ask if your planning on leaving the w-body world?

Jeremy paid $500 due to something being wrong that he fixed for dirt cheap...you should be able to get $2500-$2000 for her, she's very clean BTW!

forgot to ask if your planning on leaving the w-body world?

Yeah, his was related to the Tranny, some fairly easy fix, at least when I remember.

As for me...no, I'm not leaving the wide world of W's. I plan on getting a 99-02 GP GT, 2-door. I have a local car dealer buddy looking at auction for me.

And thanks for the compliment! I've taken care pretty good care of it for 3 years now.

I want to get at least $4000CND ($3,268US) out of my car. I'd be willing to go down to down to around $2800US. Reason I have it as high as I do is cause I haven't had the car very long, and I've put lots of money into it. I got the car for only $2000CND, but put lots to get it safetied. I agree with Brian that coupes are worth more because they are harder to find.

If you are unsure, you are best to check out http://autotrader.com and compare with similar cars in your area.

Cars like mine go for about this around here. Sadly, it sucks.

I paid a decent amount for my car when I got it, but did know the history and knew that it wasn't abused. I feel $2500 is fair, but it does need some minor work.

but wait according to diamler-chrysler no one wants coupes :roll:

anyhow i hope it sells quick for ya.

WTF does chrysler know? :lol: Not too much IMO. I've never really enjoyed their cars...but thats me.

Anyway, I hope I get about 3 more weeks out of her...thats when I'll be done with school...ha.

KBB said that my car would retail around $4k (HAHA!!)

Trade in was about $22/2300.

Outright was around $2600, so I think I'm about where I want to be.

is it leaking oil out of either of the intakes?

I have a feeling that sadly, yes it does leak a very small amount. Although I've never been able to see it or smell it in the exhaust, and there are no puddles under it!

is it leaking oil out of either of the intakes?

I have a feeling that sadly, yes it does leak a very small amount. Although I've never been able to see it or smell it in the exhaust, and there are no puddles under it!

its no eye opening dilema with the 3100...I didn't know if you took care of that problem prior!

Hey, it said my car is only worth $785. :bawl: Lol, really!

Anyway, you should sell it notime at $2800 negotiable.

Hey, it said my car is only worth $785. :bawl: Lol, really!

Anyway, you should sell it notime at $2800 negotiable.

it could be worse mine is only worth 625 :cry:

if it was in perfect condition it would be worth just over 1k