What is this BS?

ismellrealbad

They've had stuff lke that for Buicks all over the pages too. Them and the HID light people , they suck , why does ebay let them do that they clutter up the pages and no one ever buys them. What do they get free advertising ?

ECM = computor or whatever they are called on your cars.

Anyhow its a resistor to trick your ECM into advancing the timing and I'm not sure- either richen or lean out your fuel mixture. I believe your ECM already runs the timing as advanced as the knock sensors allow it and does a good job at calibrating your fuel mixture. One item I saw was for the oxygen sensor and my understanding was it ran them at the "ultimate" lean condition , one step leaner and youd be doing damage. Do I really want some 10.00 item controlling my emission control system.? NOT !!

If I ever finally modifiy one of my engines I will look to the knowledgable chip "burners" for final dialing in .

If someone had a real winter beater go for it and let us all know how you make out . :lol: My Regal may be my winter car but its no beater.

you can do this too all it is, is a 100k resistor which tells the ecm that the air is cold. you take out the air temp sensor and put in a 100k resistor. the resistor in the air temp sensor is a 100k and when it is cold that is the resistance it tells the computer and the computer adds more gas for a richer mixture, when it is warm there is nothing the two wires don't touch. I used to do this but it sets a code, the light doesn't come on but there is a code and the trans guy didn't like that and would void the warranty. I liked it, but just for racing, you notice a decrease in fuel economy.

Completely useless.

Like it has been said, the "chip" is question is only a resistor added inline to the signal wire for the coolant or air temp sensor. Without getting into detail about how it works, this makes the engine run richer (cause it thinks cooler air is coming in, or the coolant is colder--colder engine needs richer fuel mixture). This is the biggest waste of money you could ever spend on your car...it's geared towards ricers I'm sure. And it's not like the ECM isn't going to figure it out eventually (via the 02 sensor if it'a an air temp sensor mod) and bring everything back to normal.

Jason