90 Lumina - Turn signals dead

euro1990

So here I am again, posting for the person who bought my 90 Lumina. Soon after I sold it to her, the turn signals crapped out. They had always worked sorta strangely, never blinking at a constant rate, sometimes staying solid for a second or 2, then blinking very quickly. Now, they do absolutely nothing, they don't come on solid, no lights on the dash, no effect on the signal lights.

Where is the "blinker relay" or whatever that round plug-in thing is in this car? I couldn't find it anywhere in the car or mentioned in the manual.

Thanks for any advice

Jamie

It sounds like the blinker switch itself, you have to take the s/wheel off, then take that blinker switch apart,clean it up,*carefully* bend the 6 little contact prongs down, put on some dielectric grease, and reassemble.

That was my first thought, but I just had that replaced a few years ago, and it didn't really explain the strange blinking rate. I'll check it out, but I want to find the "blinker relay" first, my brother thinks it's under the dash, somewhere near the steering column. We shall see.

Not so much a relay... its just a thermal flasher. I'd certainly check that before tearing into the column!

Its underneath the dash, near the base of the steering column. Its a small silver cylinder. Its like a 2 dollar part and 14 seconds to swap it.

Rock on, that will be what I change first then. Can't believe I couldn't find the damn thing, especially since I've been under the dash for many alarm and remote start installations in the past. Hell, I was just in there a month ago removing all that crap! Ah well, we'll fix 'er up.

Thanks again