Just hit 245,000 miles!

Darkness

On my way in to work this morning, my odometer turned past the 245k miles mark. 8)

Still the original motor and turbo.

Not too bad for a daily driver.

On my way in to work this morning, my odometer turned past the 245k miles mark. 8)

Still the original motor and turbo.

Not too bad for a daily driver.

Hey, where do you work in Dayton again? I forgot the last time you told me.

I just rolled over 134k, and realized that in the time since last December that I've had this car, I've put ~10k on it! :shock:

My car celebrated its new mileage mark with a puff of white smoke from the steering column, so I am going to have to get in there and clean it up again.

I am going to try and get some pics and post them tonight in the Member's Ride section if it is not pouring down rain.

And John, I work at a place called HR Chally off of Research Blvd just past the big Reynolds and Reynolds place if you are familiar with that area (1900 Founders Drive, Ste. 302). Takes me about 45-50 minutes to get to work in the morning. I was tempted to take that pc monitor off your hands, since I am in the area every work day, but I have yet to get my first paycheck (I get it this Friday!).

Everything still works on the car besides the power antenna. It was stuck in the up position till i got lazy and took it through a car wash last week. Ripped that sucker clean off. The motor still hums, so I am going to try and find a replacement mast for it. :| Other than that, I have seat covers on it, steering wheel skin (temporary) and a new shifter because the others were pretty worn.

Despite what everyone says / posts / tests about oil and oil changes, I am not going to change my habit of changing it every 3k miles or so, using regular ole dinosaur oil. It has gotten me this far!

So, I am headed out to lunch, and I notice that someone has stuck something in my door handle, and I am thinking 'WTF? Who is messing with my car?" I pull it off and it is a card with Mickey Mouse on it telling me what an asshole I am for parking so close. Now I am really thinking "Son of a bitch!" and looking around for the possible culprit. Then I flip the card over and there is a note!

Now I am thinking I have a stalker! :willynilly:

Nope, just GP1138 stopping by to say OMGWTFBBQ!!

And I was all like ROFLZ!!!eleventy!1!

Stop in and ask for Tony sometime or show up around 5:30 when I usually get out of here and we can have a mini-Dayton meet!

:lol2: I printed out about ten of those things on a free sheet of business cards that came with a pack of CD stickers. I figured if I was going to stalk someone I should make it funny.

That TGP is very nice looking, certainly doesn't LOOK 245K. :shock:

My car celebrated its new mileage mark with a puff of white smoke from the steering column, so I am going to have to get in there and clean it up again.

:shock: I forgot about that problem. Mine does that too. What is it, and how do you fix it?

Thanks

Yes, it looks much worse than it really is. Last time it happened I just cleaned up the contacts on the turnsignal switch and the problem went away for a while. I have to get back in there are do it again now because my left signal only works if I hold the lever in a magic spot!

Yes, it looks much worse than it really is. Last time it happened I just cleaned up the contacts on the turnsignal switch and the problem went away for a while. I have to get back in there are do it again now because my left signal only works if I hold the lever in a magic spot!

That happened on my old GP, and I did what a poster above suggested and bent the contact fingers on the switch itself. It worked fine, especially after I cleaned the contacts and fingers with rubbing alcohol.