Oil leak after doing lower intake - 94 3.4L DOHC Cutlass

sunny_8

All,

Ok, so I did a lower intake gasket fix. All went well. I saw the o-ring location and put JB weld over is as suggested in some of the posts.

Now oil still leaks. It seems to old leak when the car is in gear. When the car is running in park I see no oil drip. Its dripping kinda bad towards the back of the engine.

Here is what I plan to do, if you have any ideas/suggestions I would appriciate it :

1. Wash engine with degreaser,

2. Start car and see if I can determine the location of the leak.

Anyone got any ideas on what it might be ? Its getting hot in chicago and I wanna drive my convertible......

Year 95, 3.4L Engine

thanks,

~S[/b]

The valley seal requires complete re teardown usually, did you use gasket sealer on the valley gaskets and what type of valley gaskets were they ?

Some intake kits come with nice rubber seals some come with cork and yet others come with just a tube of gasket sealer which is horsesh!t

The Mercury Sable headgasket job I did this past weekend had beautiful blue rubber valley (end) seals in its Fel Pro HG kit that only cost $80 :roll:

I've got the same problem with my 95'. The o-ring has been fixed and it continues to leak. In my case however it does it whether the car is on or off. Near as I can tell my leak is due to a head gasket or cam tower gasket (probably the later), so you may want to check those two as well as the valve cover gaskets.

Its highly unlikely that its an intake gasket since no oil passages are uncovered during the swap.