DIC/ Seat harness

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

Ok, my 92 RPE has the dic from the factory. I would like to install my leather Aq9 seats. I have all the neccessary parts.

Do i NEED to take out everything back to the C200? Can I splice into the existing DIC harness for the seat controls in any way? I think it would make things ALOT easier... all help appreciated!

The DIC harness will not help with installing seats in any way! It has nothing to do with the seat controls at all, they simply connect to the seats and in no way connect to the car.

All the seats need from the car is power and ground, so if you already got power seats everything you need should already be there. You could go all the way back to the C200, but only if you did that when you pulled the harness for the new seats. I wouldn't bother.

Guest Anonymous

No, the DIC harness has ALOT to do with the Aq9 seats... supposedly it runs power to them, and some other crap... im not sure. Gearhead's website lists it as one harness (DIC and seats)... and I looked, and this 14-way eat control box has an assload of wires running from it.

Well I've installed ste buckets in my Lumina and the only wires going to the car are power,ground and dimmer line. The power wire for the DIC couldn't handle the draw of the seats, although you could get the dimmer line, constant and ground for the controls from there although mine comes from the cig. lighter circuit. The control harness only goes between the seats, with the exception of those 3-wires which is a seperate harness.

The wiring follows the same path cause thats how the channels run, they are seperate harness' though.

Guest Anonymous

do you think I could get the power from the cig liter circuit? how did u do yours? On coupe seats, the drivers is power moveable, and the pass in manual- but both are powe l;umbar

It's like a 10-12 ga wire, your gonna have to run one to the fuse panel, thats what I did. Otherwise you'll be poping fuses and melting wires. Like I said if you already have power seats then the powers there already, the great RPE grand prix better have power seats. :lol:

The coupe and 4-door seats/wiring aren't much different if only for the coupes flipping forward.

Guest Anonymous

how did you run you'rs to the fuse panel? How'd you wire that up??? yes, i already have the power driver's seat... is that sufficent enough?

Since I have those seats in a car it wasn't designed for......

I have my 14-way seats wired up without any DIC connection (obviously). The controls which normally are in the center console I just have sit in that cubby hole below the HVAC controls like a remote control.

The driver's power seat is the one with the main power connection, I put the ground onto the one seat bolt, and the power wire I spliced into my 8guage power wire to the stereo. I had an issue with the wire that went to the cig lighter, I forget I think it just wired somewhere else on the harness, not a big deal.

I installed mine like the factory would have, if they stole the parts from Pontiac. :lol:

000_0487.jpg

Mine obviously wasn't meant to have any options, damn Lumina's.

That looks nice, but my car has totally different console and would look really mismatched if I put my old console in.

All I used in my car were the seats, and the big wire harness

Guest Anonymous

hmmm... im not sure how im going to go about this... im on a very tight schedule of getting the RPE fixed... and I only have one afternoon to pull EVERYTHING from the donor GTP that im going to need... My biggest concern is getting it to power up and run without blowing fuses and frying the car that i have just dumped thousands of dollars ino...

It's REALLY really fucking brainless, okay? Once you get the parts, you'll figure it out. It's a SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE swap and if you seriously can't figure this one out, maybe you shouldn't bother modding the car at all. They get their power from the power seat harness, NOT the DIC harness. They do interconnect, but not for that purpose. It's a simple harness and an air line. Believe me, you're smart enough to handle this.

I'm not meaning to sound like a dick, but it's not like you're pulling an engine or transmission apart here. It's two seats and some wires. You'll live.

You shouldn't have any problems. Just connect the seat main power and ground to the original ones, both seats have them on the drivers side. Then tap into the dic/cig. lighter circuits to get a constant 12v, ground and dimmer line. Grab enough of these harness' to splice into your car. None of the other wiring connects to the car at all and once you pull the seats and carpet just pull the air line and harness' that go between the seats and controls.

Easy :D :withstupid: :bonk:

Yup, use some sharp scissors (or sheet metal snipes like I used) to slice thought the carpet to get all the wires. Ross you wired up all that DIC shit in your 95 so I know that you can figure this shit out, it's easy.

There is an air hose that goes from the drivers seat to the passenger seat.. so I'm assuming the pump is in the drivers seat :confused: it doesn't really matter, just make sure you don't damage the plastic hose.

damn i wazsn't around to get in on this one. anyhow if it wasn't cleared up the tilt and forward/back portions of the power seat get their power from a circuit breaker inj the convenience center. if there is already a plug on you driver's side that has one orange and one black wire all you have to do is splice one wire on the big square connector under the pass side of the dash. i don't know what numbre it is, but i'd say it's about 4" x 4" and it has a torx bolt securing the two halves together. i just did this for my seats. hope this helps and sorry to bring up and old thread if it doesn't

. hope this helps and sorry to bring up and old thread if it doesn't

this isn't even close to as old as some of the ones that a couple newbs are bringing up...........at least I know they are using the search function :lol:

I thought that i was only one that ran wires for seats from a cigarette lighter hehehehe when i replaced my bench seats for buckets cigarette lighter was easiest one to connect to. and they have nothing to do with DIC

Guest Anonymous
I thought that i was only one that ran wires for seats from a cigarette lighter hehehehe when i replaced my bench seats for buckets cigarette lighter was easiest one to connect to. and they have nothing to do with DIC

Power wires for the seat controls run off a power line from the dic harness. And be wary of the grammar gods please...

I only used the cig. lighter wiring for power,ground and illumination for the controls, not to power the seats. The seats have a separate input which is like 8-10ga the 14-16ga in the cig. circuit wasn't meant for that sort of draw. Bad idea to use that for the seats, it will eventually fail and cause you grief.

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, i tried using the 14-ish gauge wire as a temporary rig to my battery, and it wouldnt even work... i had to hook that big ass wire up right to the source.

Like I said... im sure questions will arise when i reinstall them into the RPE... somewhere along the line, something will be amiss... Im just dreading having to gut another car... the things I do for leather and lumbar support.