• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Intlcutlass

• White93z34

• dsgrntld187

• GnatGoSplat

Can't you go get it back and just settle it privately?

I know what you mean "I think" , But I would still need a body shop to do the work.... I can do the basics, but I would need someone to shoot the car , and allign everything...

I can do about 80% mechanical work , and only about 20% body work...

Onther than that , the insurance co is just their to cut the check....

i believe its yor right to have your car fixed in the event of a accident where the insured did damage to YOUR car. as far as i can tell they want to take the quick and most inexpensive way out and try and total it.

i believe its yor right to have your car fixed in the event of a accident where the insured did damage to YOUR car. as far as i can tell they want to take the quick and most inexpensive way out and try and total it.

So your saying I can demand they fix the car?

i supose i am. don't quote me on that for sure though. i'll ask some family members who are in insurance tonight though.

The adjuster just left me a voice-mail...

He said they would give $1289.63 for the damages, BUT that amount was within $50 of considering the car totaled.

I am still pondering what to do, to get the most bang for my buck...

I can have them deliver it to the body shop, then supply the body shop with the door, then use that money to pay them a little extra to shoot the rest of the car. I also have a "little" in reserve which was meant to finish the TGP engine for transplant.

I could do that OR take the totaled value , take all my shit out of the car, my HUD, steering colum... everything, then go pick this up:

Dear intlcutlass,

yes I still have the cutlass. It's still sitting in the garage collecting dust.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7953656110&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

Then dump the money into that......

but how much money do you have into misc and small things and going into a new car you never know what your gona get as well as it dosen't have new paint.

Quite a bit...

Borla - 250

HUD - 300

Steering wheel controls and CD - 150

Autodimming rear newi mirror- 75

Suspension , not worth yanking, except for the strut tower brace.

What would really bite is that $2000 transmission that I pard for and has been in there 1.5 years....

engines can come and go prety easy, but a brand new paint job that costs you next to nothing... well those aren't as easy to come by as a engine.

I say keep your Cutlass. Take the money they give you, do as much as you can to fix it yourself, and then use as little as possible to fix what you can't. Then, go buy yourself a 6 pack and enjoy the rest of the cash.

You guys are right....

I am going to have the insurance cut me the check, then go pick up the 2 fenders I need, I will install as much as I can, including my door , then take it to paint....

I should have about $2300 to take to paint.....

Anybody know where I could find a GOOD pair of front fenders?

I dont want to go throug the hassle of shipping, so does anyone know of any auto body stores in the greater Cleveland area?

A little off topic, but I got a quick question - Is that your ignition key hanging out of the door lock in your pics? I thought the secondary key was for doors, trunk, and glovebox on all W's?

WMZZZ

A little off topic, but I got a quick question - Is that your ignition key hanging out of the door lock in your pics? I thought the secondary key was for doors, trunk, and glovebox on all W's?

WMZZZ

Yea , that was my ignition key.... Those guys are morons.... :lol:

And dsgrntld187 , I am going to take your advice..... I have ordered

new fenders, I already have a door , and take friday off to take it all apart , and install the good/new peices. I got both fenders brand new for $279 , and I already had the door. The only other thing I will have to get is the mirror, then swap everything over to the new door, wiring and a new handle for the driverside door (which I also already had). Anyone know how to get the rods disassembled from indide the door that acuate the doorhandle?

Anyway , after that hopefully on sat/sun , I can prep the rest of the car for paint , but i won't have to bust my chops doing it , because at least the car will be drivable....

Once I prep it, I will have around $2500 to paint it. Now is as good a time as any to think about changing colors.....

If I were to change it , it would be black , silver on the bottom (just as a normal International). what do you guys think?

what you might want to do is have the car deliverd with all the bad pannels off the car and the new ones seperate from the rest. that way you can stress that you want all areas of the fenders and doors painted right. the door more so. since they will have to do jambs and stuff on that one.

Where did you get your fenders from?

Are they genuine GM for that price? GMPD wants $420 for one!

I was starting to get excited because it was looking like 92-97 fenders would work, the outer fender is identical, it even has the holes for 88-91 corner lamp brackets. Only difference is the inner fender, and I thought that could be cut off. But then I realized there's no place for the header panel to bolt onto. D'OH!

Where did you get your fenders from?

Are they genuine GM for that price? GMPD wants $420 for one!

I was starting to get excited because it was looking like 92-97 fenders would work, the outer fender is identical, it even has the holes for 88-91 corner lamp brackets. Only difference is the inner fender, and I thought that could be cut off. But then I realized there's no place for the header panel to bolt onto. D'OH!

I got em from a place called "Bumper & auto" and no, they are not genuine GM , but I have used them before with no problems, back when I Tboned some pizza delivery broad who ran a stop sign (and had no insurance) I think the only difference is the thickness of the metal. What I will do , because they already with primer , is sand down the inside to the bare metal , then break out what I have left of my POR-15.

The last ones I used worked pretty good. You just have to be patient when working on this stuff though.....

If I feel the metal is at all flimsy , I will coat the inner surfave with fiberglass..... Once I learned how to work with the stuff I have to say I really like it... It's waterproof and tough.

I know people love the true GM stuff, but we've always used aftermarket stuff when my mom would wreck the Blazer and we never had problems with it. What kind of 6 pack are you buying :lol: ?

Not my insurance......The guy who hiy me... HIS insurance is paying for it all....

I will use everything I have left to compete the engine , while I was under the car I found a broken boot on the driver axle shaft, and my engine seems to be letting some compressed air out of the intake (sometimes) , when I put the ignition to the electronics only position.... not when I go to start it.... Just when I go to put on the radio....