CHeck out the new Olds catalog

NORBI

I went to the dealer yesterday with my gf to look at the Olds Aurora, Bravada and Alero and even Cadillac CTS when i notticed a new catalogs from Oldsmobile, they come with DVD that includes the whole history on Oldsmobiles, what they invented, pictures, movies and more. I took 3 of them since they will be a piece of history in a future (own catalogs from 92, 94,95,97,01,02,03) so i have a big piece of history on Oldsmobiles. If there is a dealer close to you go and get them its pretty cool what they did.

Funny how they suddenly care about the History of Oldsmobile now that they are history ! :( Anyhow I was just at Otto Pontiac/Cadallic formerly Otto Olds and one of the largest and oldest dealerships in the Albany area. Its where we bought our LSS last summer. We drove around the huge lot and found NO Oldsmobiles. Last summer we did some dream shopping and really loved this dark green 02 Aurora 4.0 . Black Onyx was nice too. But that green was like a gem sitting there. I'll have to see if I can get one of those sales catalogs. Did they charge or did you act like you were a potential buyer ? How did you get them ?

If anyone can pick me up one, that woudl rock. Im going to call again in a week or so and see whats up. But if anyone goes and gets some, PLEASE GRAB one for me, and ill pay you back

Jon

I just walk in to the dealer to look at the cars in a showroom, nobody approached me and i didnt talk to anybody and catalogs were on a side so you could take them freely for free so i took 3 for myself, DVD is awesome and has a lot of movies about newest oldsmobiles and extras.

I will get hassaled around here but I don't care, I really love oldsmobile and would like a copy so can you describe what the front looks like, I want it to be an in and out operation, i hate car sales men.

hell ya thanks for the pic. sad to see olds go but at least they are going out with some decent cars and didn't completly flop. I think if pontiac doesn't want it next they should change there dam orange interior lights, I use to love them but enoughs enough, but what do I know my car branch is out of buisness :lol:

TRUE TRUE

i was going to buy a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP before i bought my Mustang GT, i would probably have it if it didnt have red lights and those buttons on climate control, radio and steering wheel are just ugly so i got a Mustang. Dont hate me but i still preffer GM quality over Ford

The red interior lighting is one of my most favored things about the car. It so much of a sporiter and different look. i feel like im riding in the knight rider car. The grand prix didnt even start doing it hardcore until Gen2, then even the DIC and stock HU have red LCDs. Its beautiful. BMW is the only car with a nicer red glow, i guess it partially explains why i love M3/M5 so much.

O yea and my friends mom has an A4 1.8t quattro. that thing has a really nice red interior lighting too. Im sick of white and green interiors, they suck!

Hell ya! got the new olds book and the dvd is awsome, kinda strange they would go the extra mile just as there going out. the other thing is they said they are the ones responsible for making fwd popular(assholes). rwd forever!! fwd cuz thats all they got.

8)

I took 3 of those from the dealer it will be worth more to me in a future incase accident happens to one i have more and i like having a lot of stuff about Oldsmobiles. And they are not going out like Plymouth did, a lot of people didnt even know about it, Oldsmobile is leaving with class and i think its very good that they are not just giving up and still trying their best to promote their cars.

Ruhe Olds at 15th & Tilghman in Allentown, PA has them, picked two up today. One to keep, one for eBay in a few years. A black '88 CS is shown on the History section of the DVD, where footage of a model from each year is featured.

88oldsad.jpg

I'm gonna cry. go to the olds site and look around the last of the olds are being made "final 500" the alero is already out of production and there is a video showing the last one rolling off the line :( I'm so bumd about it, in 2000 when they announced it, it was sad but there was the chance of a repreve and now its too late I own two olds and hope for more in the future. a 70's cutty of course 442 and maybe an alero or aurora.

The Alero is still in production. The Intrigue just went out this past summer along with the V6 Aurora. I agree it is very sad to see. Oldsmobiles are all I have ever owned, and I push them on everyone I know :) For those interested the Oldsmobile Club of America is a great place to read stories and share some with fellow Olds nuts. I myself am a member and enjoy it very much. The website is http://www.oldsclub.org

Jason

Alero is still in production and they havent announced when they will end production but probably next year, Intrigue and Aurora V6 were discontinued last summer but they are still making 4 models.