New Z34 owner

92Typhoon

Just thought I'd stop in and introduce myself. Just bought a 93 Z34. Got a few miles on the clock, but it's one of the cleanest used cars I've ever seen. Was an Iowa farmer's wife's car, then bought by a Marine to get him to Colorado. So I'm the 3rd owner.

Noticed I've got the typical overheating at idle today, so I'll be checking the fans tonight. Was told they were just replaced, so hopefully it's just a fuse.

Other than that, I'm lovin' the car already.

P1010051-500.jpg

Here's just a couple more quick pics I took after I got it home:

P1010054-500.jpg

P1010053-500.jpg

That's all I have for now. I need to wash it, get the engine cooling problem figured out, then take some better pictures.

Wow that is CLEAN!

I am down in Colorado Springs, and own 2 Z34 5-speeds and a Fiero. I demand pics of the Typhoon. We are having a Rocky Mountain Meet and Dyno come mid to late May, you should come. I'll get ya more info on it as it goes together, but we will be goign to DynoPros in Denver. There are a few Z34s in CO, but none worth mentioning. A guy named Shane in loveland has a 92 Z34, with a L67 swapped in, it is a project car. He is int he middle of converting form red to grey interior. He also has a 95 Z34. Nice to have ya here, the 3.4 will grow on you!

*starts picket line* We want Typhoon pics! We want Typhoon pics! :D

Welcome to the forums! Glad to have you! That is by far one of the cleanest Z34s I have ever seen! How many miles does it have on it? The 3.4 will take a good amount of TLC to keep it in optimal shape, but it will be well worth it in the long run.

A couple of things to keep in mind:

1. If you need to fix something, just hollar at us. If one of us can't figure it out, then you're doomed. 8)

2. If you have Lumina parts to sell, you may as well notify Steve first, as he will probably inquire about them anyway. :)

Well, I guess first things first:

tjay_018_640.jpg

tjay_009_640.jpg

Those are the only good one's I've got up at the moment. There's pics and info about the Typhoon at my website. There may be more at my MHST Site but I can't remember. I've been too busy to update that one in a while.

My wife and I bought the Z34 because the Typhoon needs some TLC. The Z34 has 163,000 give or take but it's been kept in immaculate condition. I'll probably get some more pictures, ie. engine and interior tonight becaues my family is also interested. It has a new timing belt, egr, cooling fan motors, and I think there's something else but I can't remember. Also just had a tuneup by the dealer/previous owner. It almost looks as if it has a new motor in it, it's so clean. No leaks of any kind. All stock. Purr's like a kitten. Just overheats a bit in traffic. I'll be investigating tonight. My fingers are crossed for a blown fuse.

damn you have the exact same car as i. except yours is in far better shape currently.

*grumbles* i used to have one of the cleanest z34s on this site :bawl:

welecome abord either way! hope you enjoy your stay.

wow! nice Z and Typhoon, i had the privelage to see one in town, all white at that! might see if the fan(s) relay(s) are working, check the electrical connection to the fans and the relays are in the electrical center on the passanger side i believe. may be just a thermostat.

I kick so much more ass than anyone, you wouldn't believe it..

Who wouldn't believe it when you have 3.1 liters of fury under the hood?

:lol:

oh noes! too small engine bay!

:werd:

The W can barely fit the LQ1

it isnt as close as you may think once the UIM is out of the way, ive pulled a 3.4 with a tranny out the top multiple times.