Need help fixing or replacing remote starter in Z34

Daggar

When I bought this car I kinda figured it had a remote starter in it. I knew it had keyless entry at one point cause the keys to the car had a remote on it. Anyway today while dismantiling the Z for repair from the accident I found a few cut wires leading to the starter and to the engine and they went into the firewall. So needing to replace the hood cable from the accident I pulled up the carpet and trim removed the panel under the steering column and found the remote starter box and a rats nest of cut/spliced wires leading to the box and leading to the ignition connector. So anyone have a wiring digram of the ignition wire connector (under the steering column) so I can either take this system out or make it operational again by repairing and properly spliceing/soldering the wires in?

I would guess that it was diconnected cause it was screwed so it may not be worth the effort to try and make it work again. I don't have I diagram but I don't think it'd help too much anyway. It should be fairly easy to figure out the wiring. Trace every wire from the starterbox and remove it, then you should be able to re-connect any wires in the column. I don't believe any colours are doubled but not sure. That's what I'd do, the car runs the way it is so anything you disconnect shouldn't change that.

When I had the column apart on my old 96 Lumina (which had a remote start system installed by the previous owner) I noticed that all of the wires that were spliced into were on the column side of the "bulkhead" connector. In other words, if I wanted to remove the remote start system and clean up the wiring, all that I needed to do was remove the ignition switch from the column (and unplug the bulkhead connector) and install a new one since all of the wires that were spliced into were part of the ignition switch.

Hopefully the person who installed your RSS did the same :wink: ...