New Owner Of 2000 GTP

tgpguy21

So i went and picked up the gtp yesterday. This thing is clean, its got all of the options (and they work). thats a first for me. So now i just have to start slowly modding, im thinking of a 3.4" Pulley and a CAI first. Then a ram air hood, clear corners, different taillights. Well thats all i wanted to say, let me know if any of you are selling these things also. oh i guess ima have to change my name to huh?

Congrats! Just FYI, your not gonna be able to get a 3.4 " pulley until you do some other supporting mods first, i.e. :

CAI, u-bend delete, colder plugs, 180 t-stat, and most likely some other exhaust mods (PEM's, 3" downpipe). Then think about the pulley. If not, you will be getting some serious KR (knock retard) and not only will your car be slower, but sned a piston through your hood!

But, go to clubgp, there is plenty of reading over there to learn about all of this.

Drew

Congrats! Just FYI, your not gonna be able to get a 3.4 " pulley until you do some other supporting mods first, i.e. :

CAI, u-bend delete, colder plugs, 180 t-stat

Should be all you need to run a 3.4 pulley. I have the same mods and have 0*kr at the moment. Everycar is different so get it scanned before you mod. (and after)

Edit: I guess I forgot about my DHP.

yes every car is different

with my mods below, im pulling a nice 11* of KR, BUT i have not touched the exhaust. and i only have a 3.5 pulley, so definantly do something with exhaust first

congrats, and lets see some pics!

For the LOVE of God what is a U bend?

its a nice bend where GM wanted to put the 2nd O2 up and down, so it dips down, hits the O2, then goes back up. and its not a smooth bend either.

im sure someones got a pic floating around

edit: heres a pic. kinda hard to see just how much it goes down though

stockubend.jpg

Wow that's some 'tardness! All this time I just thought it was that "minor" curve that the gen-1 W-cars got before the cat.

Also what size is the stock downpipe on the GTP's? Looks like 2, 2.25" there but that might not be a GTP exhaust??

Shit now I gotta look under the SE in my driveway for a good laugh. Damn!

good luck with the GTP...have fun with the higher octane gas prices! As you've heard from a few people over here, clubgp is out of control with info you'll need for the new ride.