Can I change JUST the TAIL LIGHT LENSES?

gmrulz4u

I remember once when I called a local GM dealer, asking about the 1992-1997 Cutlass Supreme tail lights(cause I want those ones for my 89), they asked me if I JUST needed the lense covers, or the whole thing?

I'm kinda confused about this...

Anyone know?

I would think he meant the whole thing. I bought the Cutlass 'aero' lights and spoiler (painted and installed), and look at the old ones for a possible clear light conversion: hel no. Those things are molded together and didn't want break them open.

But, I would double check the bolt patten and light bulb inserts. The 1992 - 1997 Cutlass rear lights have 5 studes that connect the lense to the body. What are you planning on doing? I've still have the orginals (intact and good condition)if you're interested.

- RedFox340

which year ones do you have cause my drivers side is messed up and i wanna put the newer style lights on mine with the oldsmobile thing in the middle so if them are the ones you have or the ones like the 89 style i might be interested name a price and i will get back to ya about it

You need the whole thing. 92-97 2dr taillights are glued together. It's either epoxy or ultrasonically welded, but either way it'd break them to try to get them apart.

88-91 2dr taillights are the only ones with removable lenses and are better made (thicker plastic).