GM Parts Direct

GTPrix

I'm sure some of you guys have bought from GM Parts Direct before. How is their shipping rates and whatnot? I heard that its kinda a pain to order from them? Any insight would be nice...

Drew

It's not too much of a pain. However, I've found it much easier if you have a part number, though. Their "alternative" catalog is sometimes vague in their descriptions of the part.

Shipping isn't exactly cheap.

I just ordered a master window switch for my z34. They didn't have a picture of it so I emailed them. They responded instantly. I ordered my part on 3/18 and it arrived on 3/29. He said it was a special order item that he didn't have in stock so it was going to take a little longer. I paid $8 for shipping UPS ground. Overall I thought it was a very easy experience. I just used the catalog that they had. I would do it again if I'm not in much of a hurry for a part.

Paul

not sure if it was "GM parts direct" but i ordered my Z34 bumper direct from GM...i had it sent to a business so shipping wasn't too bad.

what are you looking to order?

if your ordering stuff for your grand prix, goto clubgp.com and look under their parts list (http://www.clubgp.com/cgi-asp/partslist.asp)

I used this and has helped out a bunch. gives you the GM part number for what you want.

you could always goto a GM dealer, tell them what you need, and they could give you a part number, then go buy it, but that can be a pain.

Yeah, I meant to tell you Drew, that you should get the part numbers from the dealer. Umm, when I ordered from them I never found the shipping to be too expensive. But do you plan on getting front and rear airdams?

I have ordered quite a bit from them. Yes, prices are low, but as they clearly state, they make their money in the shipping. That being said, even with shipping, they do totally slaughter local dealer prices. I've got parts books for my cars, but if GM supersedes it with a new number, it won't recognize the old number.

For what it's worth, my last order from them was for some parts that totaled $65. They charged $15 for shipping/handling(handling was $9, shipping was $8). Even after shipping, I saved right at $50, so I'm not complaining. :D