Noise from rear of car when going in reverse among others..

dsgrntld187

Okay guys, I noticed three new noises with my car over the past week.

1) When in reverse, there is a.. how would I describe it.. vibrating/grinding/buzzing sort of noise, but it only happens in reverse.

2) There is a rattling in the right rear, but it isn't the strut, I checked that out.

3) When I rev the engine in neutral, the car revs up fine but when it goes back down it sputters as its going down, and it never did this before.

If you have any tips for what could be wrong with any or all of thse problems, I'd appreciate it.

It could happen...The engine tends to rock into a different postion when the car is put into reverse than it is when its in a forward gear

the griding noise in reverse could be your rear brakes...as far as the rattling...is something rattling the whole time its running, or just going over bumps, or what!?...if its like a FAINT rattling sound, it could be the exhaust heat sheild OR the baffles comming apart inside your muffler...if thats the case that could be causing this noises when it revs down also...

• 4 months later...

had the same problem on mine, turned out to be an heat sheild that was hitting on a loose exhaust that had lost a support. Go to a muffler shop, have it repaired. It cost me 25$ to have mine repaired. Good luck

had the same problem on mine, turned out to be an heat sheild that was hitting on a loose exhaust that had lost a support. Go to a muffler shop, have it repaired. It cost me 25$ to have mine repaired. Good luck

welcome to 6 months ago......the car has long since been repaired, then sold, then wrecked, etc......