2000 GTP 1/4 times?

tgpguy21

Most GTPs are going to run a 15.0 on a nice day.....with the occasional blip into the 14s. Not any monkey can do that though.

My dad ran his 01 in 90* weather @ 1100' elevation w/ it misfiring a bit... 14.9@92mph is what it did. The 1/4 coilpack died shortly after he limped the car home. :oops: A local guy here w/ a loaded 4dr 01 ran a 14.4@96mph in about 50* weather. He did have a lot of 14.7, 14.8, 14.9 runs before the 14.4 though.

Most GTPs are going to run a 15.0 on a nice day.....with the occasional blip into the 14s. Not any monkey can do that though.

My dad ran his 01 in 90* weather @ 1100' elevation w/ it misfiring a bit... 14.9@92mph is what it did. The 1/4 coilpack died shortly after he limped the car home. :oops: A local guy here w/ a loaded 4dr 01 ran a 14.4@96mph in about 50* weather. He did have a lot of 14.7, 14.8, 14.9 runs before the 14.4 though.

There are about a half dozen or so (possibly more) in the Michigan Grand Prix Club that are stock and run between a 14.3 and 14.6.

so your saying that my L36 is only about 1-1.25 seconds slower in the 1/4 mile than the L67

Do you know how much a second is? When my STE was stock it ran 14.9's, now it runs ~13.9's. When it was stock, according to my G-tech, it did 0-100 in 19.2 seconds. Now, according to the same g-tech, it does 0-100 in 14.1 seconds. 0-60 used to be 6.8, now its 5.3. 1 second is a big difference.

Shawn

Yeah im here At vandenberg afb california. we are almost even with sea level. so any where from low 14's to low 15's. thats pretty good for a big car like this 4 door gtp.

I can see that a sec is a big difference when you see it visually, but not that for a N/A L36. Obviously I could make up that second very easily with say like $1000 in mods :lol:

Do you know how much a second is? When my STE was stock it ran 14.9's, now it runs ~13.9's. When it was stock, according to my G-tech, it did 0-100 in 19.2 seconds. Now, according to the same g-tech, it does 0-100 in 14.1 seconds. 0-60 used to be 6.8, now its 5.3. 1 second is a big difference.

Shawn

dude, thats amazing! thats so awsome, the Newer GTP's are a little bit more powerful, not much, not enough for a difference, like 5-10hp

i ran 15.5 bone stock in my GTP at 90ft above sea level

:leaving:

so your not far behind dan :P

it was a bad time, my first time going, I was so used to a 3.1 lumina, this one actually spins them when you get up on it :lol: that lumina just tweaked, and went (slowly)

it was a bad time, my first time going, I was so used to a 3.1 lumina, this one actually spins them when you get up on it :lol: that lumina just tweaked, and went (slowly)

Well, I don't know what was wrong with your Lumina, because my 3.1 Lumina will definately spin the tires. :roll: :leaving:

Shawn

15.5! :shock: I had the 15.56 my first time at the track too! :lol:

see you guys are only .25-.45 seconds faster up there in the mountains :mrgreen:
Get up here and run then see how much it slows ya down! :lol:

maybe the new kit from zzp would be my next move to help me out...