Hearing a wierd tapping noise in the rear.

HokemBokem

Well when my car is running and im in drive on the brake I start hearing this wierd sounds like metal on metal tapping noise. I have narrowed it down to a few things but dont know how to fix any. My back seat is not fully cliped in for some reason. There is a metal piece that is supposed to slide in but it is stuck on the outside and I cant seem to get it back making the back seat stick out a little on one side. Also when I shake my muffler It bounces around easliy and makes some noise but not really the sound I hear.

I really need to snap a pic of the backseat bc its fucking wierd I have to like lift the seat up to get the latch over but it wont buldge. :shrug:

edit: when i put my car in nuetral the noise goes away. its only whwn im in drive?

huh...?

well i figure brakes first off, could be that stupid dust sheild..

but when you put it in nuetral and apply the brake it doesn't make the noise any-more?

huh...?

well i figure brakes first off, could be that stupid dust sheild..

but when you put it in nuetral and apply the brake it doesn't make the noise any-more?

Yea like ill be sitting at a stop light car in drive foot on brake and its tapping, then i put her in nuetral and the sound goes away.

how bout the exhaust heatshield...if your car shakes a lil bit in gear with your foot on the brakes the exhaust could be hitting the shield, or the shield could be loose and just moving around because of the shake...then, in neutral or park, the idle smooths out and it doesnt rattle anymore...

how bout the exhaust heatshield...if your car shakes a lil bit in gear with your foot on the brakes the exhaust could be hitting the shield, or the shield could be loose and just moving around because of the shake...then, in neutral or park, the idle smooths out and it doesnt rattle anymore...

:withstupid:

the car is under load while it is in drive, nuetral helps this...lol

Do you guys think it could be the spare and my jack in the trunck? I just remembered I dont have a bolt thing to bolt them down. I dont have work tonight so when I get home from school im gonna solve this problem!

I'd say something to do with the exhaust. My friend's Cavy makes a sorta a metal to metal poping sound when it is idling because the inside of the muffler is fucked...I don't see a connection between your jack and when gear you are in unless it is a very faint rattling you are hearing. Usually the jack might make a noise when driving a huge pothole or something, but probably not when the car is idling a little rough..

- Jeff L.

I'd say something to do with the exhaust. My friend's Cavy makes a sorta a metal to metal poping sound when it is idling because the inside of the muffler is fucked...I don't see a connection between your jack and when gear you are in unless it is a very faint rattling you are hearing. Usually the jack might make a noise when driving a huge pothole or something, but probably not when the car is idling a little rough..

- Jeff L.

Yea i think its the muffler or the backseat.I gotta get a pic of how the back seat isint snapped in right. ITs really hard to explain.