Friend Found Used Z34

chadz34

There is a junkyard right across from a golf course. So we come out of the gold course and BAM! I instantly spot a Lumina Z34. From across the road this Z34 appeared to be decent. Me and my buddy (he is looking for a Z34) decide to check it out. We get up close and realize that the paint is kinda rough, but not too shabby. There was a bit of rust. We enter the office and ask for the keys to check the engine. We get out there and I go to put the key in the door and guess what? There's no keyhole! :lol: So I go to the passenger side and unlock both doors we both get in. The interior is in good shape. We go to pop the hood and nothing happens! So we go back inside the office, the worker says that Lumina is missing a timing belt. He wanted $2000 for it and it had 259,*** Kms. Needless to say my friend didn't buy it.

Yeah, my mom said it was sitting there for like 4 years. So the brakes must be seized too then! The mechanic said it was part of his to do list. Yeah whatever 4 years to put a timing belt on :shock:

...kinda odd sotry, edspecially about the "it doesn't have a timing belt..."

:werd:

Why wouldent it have a timing belt at all?

Because the timing belt more than likely snapped and grenaded the engine.

um, trust me, having two timing belts shred to peices on me, they do not "grenade" the engine by any means...

the car just plain stalls...

um, trust me, having two timing belts shred to peices on me, they do not "grenade" the engine by any means...

the car just plain stalls...

I'm not saying that... just dumbed it down a little bit. I coulda went into the specific things that could have happened and then someone would ask something about that and then this thread would really end up turning into a 3.4 tear down. I just put it into very very oversimplified and overglorfied terms.

Why would you buy a car from a junkyard anyways? That's asking for problems.

My red car is a junkyard salvaged title car, and it holds the record for the highest bone stock dyno, is in great shape, an original 5-speed, and was only 900$ :wink:

Insert GM crate engine...

I had read that certain years were interferace(sp) engines.

Technically, only the 1996-1997 engines are interferance, the 91-95 are not. But I have seen 91-95 motors have a valve kiss a piston, as I have seen 96-97 motors break a belt and have no internal damage. So it depends on the situation.

It wasn't me who was going to buy it. It was my friend. I already have a mint Z I dont want another one. He wants one cause I talk about mine all the time. Oh, and It didn't have a timing belt becuase either A)The are too lazy to do it.

B)They can't do it. :lol:

2k for a car in that condition? I swear junkyards are filled with retards.

They wanted 200 dollars for a 92 Cutlass Sedan hood that was bent in half :shock: