Running 15psi on stock turbo?

90TGP

Just curious, how come we aren't running 15psi on the stock turbo? I know the DSM guys run 15psi on stock turbo's before they upgrade to a larger one. Our turbo's should be the same size, or very close to the stock turbo's on DSM's.

Why?

1). Stock Fuel Cut.

2). T25 is not efficient above 12 with stock intercooler.

3). It is not a 4 cylinder being fed it is a 6.

4). It is not the same T25 as on the DSM's (different internals).

5). Cause I said so! :lol:

What about running water or alcohol injection and *then* upping the boost slightly? I'm just asking, I have no interest in doing this with my stock turbo. I plan to step up to a better turbo anyways. :wink:

Yea some guys did this in the past, but then when those easy oopses happened and people broke things/engines, the aftermarket made (expensive now) systems with safe guards. Safety from running out of fluid in the middle of a pull, loosing pressure from a restriction/hose popped off/power to the pump failure etc….if the engine needs this injection for the higher boost and for any reason does not get it, ooops. Then there is the accelerated wear from dumping a solvent/alcohol into your combustion chamber, diluting the lubricating oil at the cylinder walls, pistons and piston rings……and is why it is not as common as other performance street upgrades you hear better things about 8) .

Jeff M