Painting rims...

gmrulz4u

Well I'm ALMOST 100% sure on having my 89 Supreme International painted ALL White...

Now for the second part, rims. I REALLY want the rims to be the EXACT same color as the rest of the car.

Right now, I can get 4 "A" condition 5-Spoke Cutlass(92-97) rims for $300CDN($190US).

My question is this: Can I buy these rims, and then have them painted to match the rest of the car??

THANKS!:)

Any suggestions are welcome...

First, I think an all white car with white 5 spoke wheels would look kickass.

:D

About painting rims, I've heard different things, but if you do all the right prep work I would imagine it would look fine.

Here's a photoshop job on my car with the white spokes.

ste2p.jpg

The white 94-96 2 door SE w/gfx and white rims looks really phat. i saw a pic of one like that and it also had those plastic tinted healight covers and the tinted windows guards.......it looked really really really really realllllllllllyyyy good. i was salivating

I recomend having them sandblasted and powder coated. just using a rattle can will not look nearly as good nor will it resist the chiping and abouse of the road like a Powder coat would.

I think i might powder coat my stock Z34 lumina wheels white for a set of slicks.

RedZ

I bought some beat up crosslace wheels for my cutty and just put two coats on with a spray can. I would recomend getting them sand blasted and powder coated if you want them too look and last 100%. I just wanted a quick fix and they really have not chipped all that much either. Next fall I gonna have them sandblasted/painted at my brothers autobody class anyways.