88-89 GP Gauge compatibility

rudefyet

I don't believe that any of the different guage clusters are pin-compatible, I believe all require mods. It also depends if you're swapping from a base or full guage cluster. Not to sure about the GP clusters, I'm sure other can be of more help. I don't reccomend you try it unless you know for sure.

Guest Anonymous

I put one in the 92 a while back... everything worked except it wouldnt backlight correctly and the fasten belts light didnt come on in the systems monitor...

BTW... that cluster isnt a GP one... its one from a dustbuster van...

I've got about 4" of wire off the old harness I chopped off.

looking at it with the guages faceing you, unit upside down

blue plastic piece (x means no wire)

x,brwn/wht,x,tan,drk blue, lght green, lght blue,brwn, blk/white, another blk/white, x, pink/blk, darkgreen, tan orange, light green

next row

yellw/blk,x, lightbrown(tan?)/white, x,x,brown, pink/black, grey, black/white, light tan?, tan/black, pink/black, dark green, purple, light blue, light green/black

Hope that helps out some.

Guest Anonymous

what kind of a car is that from? the systems monitor is in the shape of a minivan... the GP ones had the shape of a regular car and were very square...

what kind of a car is that from? the systems monitor is in the shape of a minivan... the GP ones had the shape of a regular car and were very square...

This is mine, the one out of a 1988 Grand Prix. I have no idea what the Transport had, and I'm not on crack this is from my car! :lol:

Now that you meantion it, I always did think it was a weird shape!

S2400003.jpg

What year is that from?

Mine doesn't say "Unleaded fuel only" and other than the systems monitor is looks identical. Looks like mine has the temp guages in Celsious rather than Ferenhieght(sp?)

This is mine, the one out of a 1988 Grand Prix. I have no idea what the Transport had, and I'm not on crack this is from my car! :lol:

Now that you meantion it, I always did think it was a weird shape!

S2400003.jpg

That'd be from teh mole-van.

Maybe the Canadian cars didn't have the right ones so they borrowed from the van pile. Only difference is the print on the temp guadges, it's in Celcious. Seems like minivans parts are the ultimate upgrades for our cars. :lol: