Computer died

Lee

I went out at 4pm Thursday and fired her up.....started right up and died. Then it just cranked over awhile, fired up for one last second then nothing, just cranking. This motor sounds so strange when there's no spark, kinda hollow.

Anyway, I need this car as a daily driver of 70+ round trip miles for work. I had it towed the next morning thinking the crankshaft sensor again. It has failed twice in the 8 1/2 years I've had the car.....nope, it was the computer. The shop said it had no ignition PULSE. They switched out computers and it ran fine.

I had my doubts but ignition pulse is different from no spark. I drove it to work and it seems fine. They must have done some idle relearn work with it also because it isn't dieing or acting up in any way.

Cost $40 for the tow, $40 for the diagnostic scan, $30 for labor, $130 for the computer. Total and tax= $258.

I asked for the old computer they said it had a core charge of $100 so I left it. They are a reputable shop and I trust them....as much as you can trust any shop. I hate eating the cost of repair but with a 9 year old boy and a need for the car at 5am the next day....I'd say I got off fairly if not easy. I'm really glad those brakes self repaired.

The shop is in Osseo, WI "The Loft Service Station" Just a little town independant.

Damn, I'd say you got off cheap!

Osseo, WI is known to me as "half way between the Twin Cities and Wisconsin Dells" :lol: . Actually one of my dad's best friends grew up there. But yeah, we always stop at either the gas station with the Dairy Queen inside, or the Subway when we're headed towards Wis Dells or Milwaukee...

I live about three blocks from the Subway.....back behind the McDonald's. I get the freeway sounds over the hill. They redid the I-94/hwy 10 intersection 2 summers ago. It's all modern double lane and lights now.

Went to Dells, to The Great Wolf Lodge in Feb. We gotta go ride the "Ducks" this summer. Wife won't let me take the BOY on the jet boat ride.

My wife and I took our friends' 2 kids to the Dells for a couple of days last summer. We were going to go to Noah's Ark, but it was "thunderstorming" all day, so we went to the Kalahari indoor park instead. I gotta say I was impressed with the "enormity" of the whole place, not to mention the water slides and whatnot were a blast considering it was an indoor park.

Next year, we won't have to drive out to the Dells to go to the "largest indoor waterpark in the US." Under construction right now next to the Mall of America is an indoor water park that's supposedly going to be bigger than the Kalahari...