best year for the GTP? (EDIT) PICTURES!!!!

3.1LUMITIC

What is the best year for the gtp 96 to 2000. Im looking into buying one within the next few week. Im trading my 90 lumina euro coupe in for it plus in the process of geting a loan. I need somthing more reliable so all you GTP guys out there give me you options.

I think 99-03 would be the year I'd look for. I know 96s were still the old style (look like my car but with hood louvers) and have the 3.4. 1997 was the first year of the 3.8 supercharged and new body style, but had electrical problems and stuff. There was something about 1998 that I can't remember. 1999-03 I would get. I dont care for the 04+ I think they're uglier, heavier, and not any faster.

Guest Anonymous
Get a 99-00. 01+ you don't get the cool digital climate control or performance shift. (you can add performance shift though)

Werd. Wait- there was no didgital climate control on those years? If so, get one with the digital climate control.

i've heard about the '97s having electrical problems, but is there anything bad about the '98 model year?
Not really. I think the 97's and 98's were just a bit goofy. Got it right finally in '99. :lol:

Yeah, the 91-96 GTPs are really a whole different car. Differnet body style, different interior, much different engine. 91-93 could be had with a 5-speed though.

I dont want an older one! I want a nice new car reliable good gas milage nice ride for long distance i drive front MI to KY once a month 900 mile round trip. So yea for the newer ones go with the 99 or 00 i only have 10 K to spend on this bitch plus my trade-in and my pay check. Ya im going all out on this car lol :bash:

I would say 98. They got most of the bugs worked out...I haven't had any problems. PLUS...the GTP was an option. So your insurance won't be so bad, they'll consider it an SE. :mrgreen:

Aaron

I thought 97 was the only model year that the GTP was just an option package in the new body style. 98+ was an actual model wasn't it?

99+ it was an actual model.

Hmm I didn't know that. I thought I read somewhere it was 98+ but I don't remember where. :?