3.4 cutty owners...new badging

toastemcutlass

so I got to thinking the other day monte carlos and luminas with the 3.4 are z34, but that is chevy so when you have a cutty with the 3.4 it is still called the cutlass supreme sl, and besides the fender badge there is nothing special sounding about the name. so what if we called them cutlass supreme slx and the x would be for the code x motor. I was thinking of leaving the factoring lettering and getting a smaller verson of the x from the extreme s-10's, thought it would be kind of cool. after all every car has a performance label except our cars. cobra R z28 z24 z34.... let me know what you think

Do it! But have the mods and the power to back it up... I laughed at cars and been laughed at by added some 'badging' onto my old Beretta. Perhaps do a preview in paint or photoshop to give an idea of what you thinking....

- RedFox340

Shawn,

Wasn't the 'SX' package an acutal trim choice? It was only for like a year, wasn't it? Or am I on crack?

stlunatic2oo3,

Why the 'SS' idea? Just curious, because personally I like using old RPO codes or trim packages for the vintage model look. Usually you get more questions than laughs then... but, it's just my $.02.

- RedFox340

Shawn,

Wasn't the 'SX' package an acutal trim choice? It was only for like a year, wasn't it? Or am I on crack?

I don't believe so, but I could be wrong.

There was a Cutlass SX in the past (60's or 70's), but I've never heard of a real W-body SX.

I was convinced what this guy had, was a very good dealer conversion. I looked in my parts catalog and couldn't find any reference to SX or leather seat covers with SX embroidered into them.

Although if you're into fake trim levels, SX is a good choice because it's in Oldsmobile heritage. I would choose that over SLX.

after i get mine cutty painted i am gonna get some custom letterin made for the size of the original ones and my car will be a cutlass supreme ss instead of sl

that is the dumbest thing i have ever heard. do you have any idea of the performance heritage of SS? besides the fact that you dont have a chevy, or power to back up calling it and SS

Amen patgizz!!!

That would be on hell of a laugh. A air filter and white outs make it a SS. Why not a call it a GT-R or type R or something. Like Cutlass Supreme Type R.

Jon

first of all i kno all about the gay heritage of ss chevys hell my cousin owns a chevelle ss so yeah bite me and i was mostly jokin but whatever i think you all got to much worries bout some stupid badges

first of all i have been brought up around cars and all my family drives other then me are chevys so i know the heritage and my dad is a professional painter so i have like all these emblems and stuff so mainly it was a joke but if you wanna get into it go ahead and go to flame forum not this one not the place for it any ways i am so sick of chevys i hate them period they drive me nuts

EH? Just leave all your cars alone and keep to what the VIN says, before I start putting "R" badges on your furniture. I may be putting international EVERYTHING on my car in the next couple months but you won't see an International badge OR even an SL badle near it. If anything I'll make emblems that says "Cutlass Supreme--Limited Base Edition"

nah meaning "once a base model, always a base model" and also anyone can check the VIN. If for example someone has a 69 Camaro RS and dropped the RS trim for SS trim and badges, and put it in a car show advertising it's an SS, people would just check the VIN and know it was BS destroying any chances of that car winning most contests, among the fact that many a SS owners would point and laugh at the SS wannabe! heh, i dunno

BTW...im sick of some MOPARs, so who cares. Ill come home at nights, and there will be 5+ (most I counted was 6) Dodges, PLymouths in our driveway (moms, moms and stepdads friends, debs, and bro), and I am the only GM in the driveway. Doesnt that make you feel outnumbered?

Luckily I would be able to beat them all other than debs truck, and Moms INtrepid (250 HP)

How about you do the cool thing not the ricer thing.. and just debadge the whole car? if you mix badges or create your own trim levels then that is just flat out the appitomy of rice.. IMHO

RedZ

I would never make up trim levels. Debading is cool, but I really only have the olds rocket up front, and then Custlas sSupreme SL on the trunk, well, that and OLDSMOBILE embeded on bumpers

jon