Z34 owned by 80's Toyota....... Update: Pics inside

Daggar

I want to thank GM and the crappy W-Body Brakes for Almost totalling my Z34.

Anyway some moron turned in front of a Toyota. The Toyota stopped and well I plowed into her. Despite the fact I had adaquate stopping distance I felt no bite from the brakes at all. I just had them done all arround to the tune of 1000.00. Somthing was seriously wrong if I could not stop like that. Anyway I'll post pics soon but I need some Z34 parts and if you guys know where I can get them (I'll have a post in the for sale/Wanted Section) The way I hit the Toyota is I scoopeher from underneath. Her car cracked the front bumper shell in half and the air dam. Destroyed the fiberglass headlight/signal light holder. Destroyed the front signal light's and destroyed the passanger sidemarker and fender. Bent the lip of the hood and creased the hood in the middle.

Some questions:

Are Z34 signal lights just regular lumina signal lights turned upside down or are the a Z34 only parts?

I Can use most the front end parts off a standard lumina right? Except for the bumper shell and air dam?

I'll post pics soon but please if you can help me find parts I need I will be grateful.

You'd also need a Z hood if yours is destroyed it may be easier to just replace it..I think a regular Lumina hood will work, but you won't have the louvers..

Shit to hear about the accident, and I'll agree with you that the W-Body brakes are shitty. If you had as shop do the brakes maybe you can seek money because the brakes didn't perform very well obvisously..??

- Jeff L.

Rainy and the brakes were cold??

I actually find the lumina to have pretty good brakes... They don't work for shit when you've been driving on the highway in the rain for awhile without touching the brakes, but for normal driving/pannic stopping, I find them to be more than attiquate (sp)... After bleeding and everything, I can get the pedal on my '87 Bonneville to the floor during a 100% pannic stop... single piston front brakes, drum rear, and a heavier car than the Lumina... The brakes have less than the tires do... I find on my lumina euro, that after the Yoko H4s's, the brakes and tires are about evenly matched, whereas before, the brakes had WAAAY more than the tires...

Mike

the TGP's $M3 brakes could launch me through the windshield no problem... the Cutlass non-ABS brakes couldn't come close, even after they're warmed up. (before they get warm, I might as well be braking on ice)

Yea my brakes are fin ever since I first got the car and got decent rotors/pads. Ive had a few close calls where I had to slam the brakes and they saved me.

post up some pictures, there are alot of strange Z34 specific parts. i have quite a few misc Z34 parts if you need them, PM me or find me on AOLIM as "White93z34"

post up some pictures, there are alot of strange Z34 specific parts. i have quite a few misc Z34 parts if you need them, PM me or find me on AOLIM as "White93z34"
Yeah same here.

Sucks.

Sorry to see that. WTF is with the dent on the front of the driver's side fender???

Oh that was the hit and run result. You think you can leave your car parked outside your house without some moron hitting it....

You don't have insurance?

Well maybe if I lived in the US or another province I could afford full coverage. But I can not afford collision in Alberta. Even with a clean record at 23!

You don't have insurance?

Well maybe if I lived in the US or another province I could afford full coverage. But I can not afford collision in Alberta. Even with a clean record at 23!

If it is the fault of the other driver, their insurance company should pick up the tab.

I run full coverage 24/7... I couldn't afford the loss of a car.

=\

How is all this being repaired? Out of pocket?

Sucks man... really sucks.

Oh yeah all out of pocket.

Technically I'm at fault I rear-ended the Toyota. Even though they should have not stopped. Or the guy that turned was not supposed to turn...

i know where 2 red ones are, in a JY, the worst case scenario is that the fender(s) need waxed. no hoods. headlights are all the same on luminas. maybe the front grille is on 1, might try and bend it straight. i know the front bumper covers are ok except the air dam middle section thing. swap air dams. might take the driver side fender off and either hammer, or dent king it and see how good it does.

I think I may have leads on a front bumper, air dam, ect. I'll let you know if I need anything.

Hey do you guys think that while my car is apart like this. Good idea to replace the Alternator? I'm also probably going to do the O ring then take the old O ring to the mechanic that supposedly replaced it and put it on his nose!

ya know you should be able to salvage the airdamn and front valiance set, no problem. it shouldn't take too much to find the bumper itself, the hood.. its trashed. so my laundry list would be:

hood, grille/marker lights, bumper cover, fenders, header pannel, headlight(s).

you don't need z34 specific fenders but its a nice touch, not a a bad repair, but a pain none the less, not to mention locateing the parts is a pain.

That really sucks. Glad to see its getting fixed though. Its too bad you didn't live a bit closer to me, I have a fully complete 92 Z34 parts car beside my house.