Another UB3 in a lumina pictures (kinda big)

Hairdo12

No. You started asking questions after I put it in mine and threw up a few pictures.

YOU'RE that person... I was wondering who it was... it was so long ago. I remember you wired it up, and got it working, but never mounted it, so I went blindly into that stage with mixed results...

My point proven. It doesn't really matter who came up with the 'idea'. The one thing that DOES bother me is when someone else claims it as theirs. It wasn't theirs... it wasn't anybody's.

Guest Anonymous

I think he is getting more into the "monkey see, monkey do" part of it... now that he did it, EVERYONE has to have it... i can see that as beeing kinda annoying.

I think he is getting more into the "monkey see, monkey do" part of it... now that he did it, EVERYONE has to have it... i can see that as beeing kinda annoying.

Perhaps... but what does one expect? One posts a very awesome outcome and expects those impressed to not try follow? Be proud... not upset. If I had a car in which that would fit, I would also try it. But the clusters are not even close to the same.

One idea - and anyone has the rights to it - is to take the digital display from a Lumina equipped with the 9C3 or whatever package, and integrate that into the 'rounder' clusters. Not as cool as the UB3 cluster, but its an idea.

:nana:

i guess that would make everyone who:

-put a z34 rear wing on their car

-dropped in a K/N air filter

-tried 93 octaine fuel

-put Cooper tires on their car

-put a chevy bow tie sticker in a window

-put a performance chip in

-put a HUD in

-put clear corner lights on

-did the famous L67 swap

-tinted their glass

-put american racing rims on

-painted flames on there car

-put a big brake conversion kit on

-drank pepsi

-ect

guilty of copying someone else

i tell you what: if i came up with a cool idea, implemented it and others wanted to follow in my footsteps I would applaude anyone who was willing to do so and help them along the way. Difference here is, I would not be selfish. Thankyou for the Idea, I honestly would not have thought of doing something such as this. However if anyone is interested in doing this swap into their cars, you do not have to worry about contacting me for help as I will not cry "because I want the only one". I'll answer anyones questions as best as I can hope you can get it running. If you didnt want any one to copy u then why post information on how to impliment the thing in a public message board? people do use message boards as a way of gathering AND SHARING new ideas.

Take it as a compliment :kiss:

my Regal's base dash had digital speedo that dimmed so I had a wire for dimming already. Wouldn't there be a wire there already just for dimming down the plain lights in the cluster? My Regal wires are(brown #230, display dim level) and (yellow #726, display dim enable).

I guess I'm having a hard time conveying what I mean by this. I by no means am saying the cs digidash swap is something that no one else should do quite the opposite. I have respect for everyone who actually does it, I knew posting pictures would encourage this...and I have helped everyone that has asked for it.

My issue is being a custom thing why not make it unique to your car alone rather than make it look exactly like then next guy. If they all appear slightly different then it still looks custom and unique, if everyone makes one that looks the same it destroys any uniqueness the project had.

Because I want to keep it unique I now have to change my dash, when I had it done like that first. I guess it's just me cause if I was to do something after seeing someone else's I would atleast make it slightly different, it doesn't take much to make something unique. I'm talking about a piece that I built myself not something donated from another car.

Who's Actually Crying Here? Some of you guys need to chill and try to be more sensible with some of your statements.

I know what you mean, but be reasonable! There isn't a whole lot you can do to make it any more custom than it is already. Do you want everyone else to paint flames on it? Install it in the headliner? I don't get how you feel everyone else should have to do something else with it.

I know what you mean, but be reasonable! There isn't a whole lot you can do to make it any more custom than it is already. Do you want everyone else to paint flames on it? Install it in the headliner? I don't get how you feel everyone else should have to do something else with it.

You still don't get it!

Look at Daggar's in comparison

dash.jpg

Mach24108.jpg

Same basic layout, but totally different because he didn't copy the bezel I made, I like that he made an effort to be original, what I was hoping to see. There are a ton of different ways that particular piece could be made, it's not like its a factory piece everyone has to make one and anyone could easily do it differently.

If they choose to be original and make it they're own than great , props to them, :thumbsup: if they don't and just copy someone elses idea in they're effort to make they're car original than... :thumbsdown:

I don't feel everyone should have to do it differently, I just feel it sucks that I have to change mine cause I want it to be original, which it was for like a month or two.

Is it not reasonable to want something original?

Its not unreasonable... but its unrealistic. How many possible kinds of bezels are there? There are only a very few types of layouts that will work on that cluster. Eventually, someone is going to have to 'copy' somebody else.

I guess if you want to be original, YOU have to be the one to keep on top of things. Good ideas are always going to be copied. You can't get upset at those who use the same concept if you are the one wanting to be original.