cooling fan turn on temp??

KingArthur

What temp do the cooling fan turn on and off? Can I buy a different sensor to turn on sooner?

I was sitting at idle,the temp was rising and the temp light was real dim. Got pretty close to overheating before the fans kick in.

Or is this normal for a 3.1...

Flush your radiator, change the t-stat, do a little tuneup and you'll be fine in the summer. This time of year you really shouldn't have any heating issues, my engine doesn't go past 1/3rd unless it's a real hot summer day in heavy city driving (was the same with my 88 Grand Prix 2.8)

My 3.1 goes to half at which point both fans kick in and bring the temp down almost instantly...this only happens when driving hard on the hreeway and then coming home right away with out driivng around to cool it down with ait flowing through....

Usually I run at 1/3 of the guage and the fans rarely kick in in winter...

- Jeff L.

My car usually stays in the middle at 210, but today I stopped to talk to someone and had the car running and noticed the temp. What is the next notch before 260 on the temp guage?