Body Kit!?!?

RedCutlass

Would you get in on a group buy for Cutlass body kits?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you get in on a group buy for Cutlass body kits?

I was wondering if there is any kind of body kit I can use on my '97 Cutlass. Nothing real stand-outish, just something smooth w\out all the ribs GM seemed to be obsessed with.

NO BODY KITS!!!!!

I guess you could use some '88-'91 bumpers except you'd still need a filler panel between the headlights....those are smooth. Then you would have to remove the body side cladding that ultimately saves your rocker panels from chipping and rusting.

I personally think the ribs look good

between the headlights/turn signals on a '92-'97 is a piece of the front bumper...on an '88-'91 the piece that fills up that space is actually part of the hood, and is narrower

I'd be interested if it looked good. Maybe something smooth like the body kit on the Bonneville GXP's. I used to like the ribs, but I've since grown tired of them.

I like the 88-91 cladding, but one complaint I have of it is it doesn't go as low as the 92-97 cladding. I like how the 92-97 cladding extends down low enough to need cutouts for the exhaust, and it also hangs down a couple inches lower near the wheels than the 88-91. The 92-97 cladding also extends upwards an extra inch so that it covers a body line.

I agree everything out there now looks like shit, including the Aeroform kit. That one might be the least shitty, but it still looks like shit. I have a feeling any aftermarket kit is going to look like shit, because everyone wants something super gaudy that looks like a ricer kit. I'd prefer something a bit more understated which I don't think any aftermarket company would bother with.

The cladding kits out there for most of these cars have ribs because they are somewhat thin and the ribbed areas keep the cladding rigid so that warping and bending doesnt occur.

I was going to make my own for my 88' with wood and putty to create a positive mold onto which I could fibreglass and bondo to get detail. Then once you create a negative mold. Frame up the negative and create drain/air holes and pump in the resin.

I had all the measurements and framework drawn up. I think I still have the 3dmax files kicking around on cd at home. Maybe this weekend after I fix my home box I will gear it all up.