UB3 gauge cluster conversion question

Grand Moff Joseph

whats with lumina owners and the influx of part bastardization?

I probably have the most bastardized Lumina going, but if you didn't know jack about these cars you'd probably think it was stock. I do it cause I want something unique but to make it more challenging and add to the originallity, I'm doing it as though Chevy had free rein on GM's toybox to build my Lumina.

Then I guess my Lumina will live forever cause 75% of it came from GPs and Cuttys'.

Thanks Justin, that's what I was considering unless I can acquire the right plug.

(Someone should come up with some kind of adapter for this process and make millions selling them to clods like me :)

Albion.

I'm pretty sure all you need to do is cut off the 2 ribs on the one side of the plug then it will fit.

Hoookay.....

Well, I pulled all of the wires from the plug, VERY carefully marked each one's original location (C1, C2 etc etc) with a sharpie, then re-inserted them in the UB3 layout.

I then knew that my seatbelt wasn't fastened, and my L/R indicator light worked, along with all the little 'warning' lights, but no speedo, tach, fuel level or anything.

"Hmmm... somebody sold me a dud UB3" I thought. So I diligently re-wired the plug for my Base dash, and... No speedo/fuel level/mileage.

I dunno what I've done wrong, I numbered every wire to be sure. The only thing I did notice was that the "How To" mentions three Pink/Black wires and only one Black, but seem to have only two Pink/Black, and two Black...

Anyone know a good GM electrical expert... :(

If any of you guys have any useful suggestions, please go ahead!

Thanks,

Albion (who no longer knows how much over the speed limit he's going...)

How come no one ever decided to swap a regal UB3 cluster into another W. Because the Regal digi cluster look a lot better than the cutty's. :leaving:

100_1215.jpg

no offence, but that gage cluster reminds me of my parents 1983 oldsmobile cutlass station wagons cluster

haha i totally raped the shit out of a gp STE to save my car after i wrecked it.

but the parts car debate aside...

i've noticed lots of people doing this mod if you will. ah well... my analog gauges know they are loved.

and that regal setup looks prety cool too i think thats the first time i've seen a regal cluster lit up.

How high does it go in MPh? only to 80 probably..

Anyway.. I started this because I was prolly the first to publically go.. "Hmm.. Would it fit in my car?"

After that it has been an uphill battle.. Then I wrecked the car.. Then everyone else started doin it.. So... I have re-worked my entire plan.. To continue to bne different.. And stand out.. My car will kick so much ass..

(Im not mad or whatever that other people beat me to it.. I am just re working mine so it will still be unique.. lol)

Sorry to bump this one back up, just wanted to say thanks for the help.

I got the UB3 in and working (with the help of Keith AutoElectric in Encinitas), the guy completely re-wired it, tapped a wire into the ECM so the tach worked, and also put in the oil and coolant senders.

65 bucks including parts.

Now I just need a kickin' set of speakers...

Albion.

Cool man, Have fun with your new fuctional digi dash.

And to those who think its ironic that my car doesn't run even though I said that before, pfft... To hell with you. I will have my supercharged 3.4

Heh!

Well, I didn't have a problem with the base cluster, but who wants their DAD coming all the way from England, looking at the dash and bursting out laughing!

Next time he's over here, he'll go "sweeeeeeet"...

(or something like that)

Albion.