DIC AND HUD INSTALL (PIX PG 2)...

GP1138

How much? Did you get the dashpad and the controls?

I thought all 95's were prewired? Ask "Ross Petty", he's the 95 HUD expert!

I didn't get the dashpad, it's tan, so I think I'm gonna cut mine up. I thought about getting the dashpad, but that'd make my Grand Prix a "camo edition" what with the seafoam green already in there.

I got the controls though. Mine's a base model, so I'd guess GM didn't feel like putting wires for HUD in there. I didn't see a DIC pigtail back there either. :(

Good score, but definetly you shoulda grabbed the pad and paint it graphite at least.

I'm thinking about it. It's raining here right now, so the junkyard's going to be a puddle of mudd, but I'll trek out there and see how much they wanna rape me out of for the pad. I paid $25 for the HUD as it is. :shock: :D

Yeah cutting up the pad won't work... different pieces. If the one is in the yard, you'd BETTER grab it.. you'll have one hell of a time finding another one.

why not dye it? tan is a lighter color, and it should fit in a bathtub, get some greenish dye and have at it.

Doesn't work too well. I bought a seafoam green one after searching for a couple years. The black dye didn't quite match close enough... plus it didn't soak in, so a wet rag took the crap right off. Krylon worked perfect... matched perfect.

dye and ABS plastic never works well. If you use lacquer spraypaint (= those small "touchup" cans) and give it several LITE coats, you'll never know it was painted.

Just got back from getting the wiring pigtails... yeah. They had another SE/GTP in the junkyard, this time a '95... fully loaded besides leather, DIC and HUD (the former of which I swiped) and they charged me $20 for the black dashpad. This car is gonna look so weird when I'm done with it. :lol:

I was just in the car, with the instrument cluster dash piece off, and I noticed that where there was an open hole in the junkyard car, there was a piece of padding on mine. I pulled that piece of padding apart and *VOILA*.. PREWIRED!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I now have DIC and HUD in my car. Pix soon!!

HUD1.jpg

The HUD in action. :D :D

DIC.jpg

DIC in action. I need to get a temp sensor and run it, the temp function just displays -40 right now.

dashpad2.jpg

dashpad1.jpg

Two angles of the dashpad. I think it looks alright. I'm glad I found the black interior rather than having to use the tan interior one. They charged me $20 for the damn thing though.

That dashpad looks decent, seeing as it matches the rest of the dash trim and steering column. Now all you need to do is convert that sucker over to a console shift!!! :D